Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
Diaboyos
Diaboyos began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question How to NOT refresh list after editing metadata?

I just had to reinstall Windows and whatever version of Calibre I was using before was several versions older than this new one and I can't figure out how I did this before.

Basically, say I add 50 books. Right now if I edit the metadata on one when I go back to the list it refreshes and I lose the remaining 49 in the library before I could adjust the metadata on them. On my old install somehow it let me keep the newly added books at the top of the list, even through adjusting metadata, until either I refreshed manually or restarted. Can someone tell me how to do this? I can't find how anywhere.
Diaboyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Select all 50 right click the edit metadata button and choose edit metadata individually. Then click Next in the edit metadata dialog instead of OK
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #3
Diaboyos

Thank you for the fast reply.

I don't need to edit all of them except to add a cover photo. I might highlight a dozen and add tags. Another 5 I might highlight and add a series name, etc. If I had to do that individually it would take forever.

Is there no way any longer to keep newly added books at the top of the list? Or to keep the list from refreshing until you refresh manually or restart the program?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
1) select all the books you need to work on metadata. Ctrl-M (marks books)
2) work on any metadata
3) Right-click on any title: Show Marked books
4)Work harder

Do note there are other Calibre operations that may Mark or Clear Marks, so finish your MDE task befor using other features
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
Diaboyos

OK that kept them at the top of the list. Thank you both for your swift replies.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:15 PM   #6
Diaboyos

Well I spoke too soon. If you edit one at a time it keeps the marked books at the top. If you highlight, say a series, and bulk edit the metadata it refreshes the list. The books are still marked though. How do I get the marked books back to the top of the list?

Edit: NM I just added a column and sorted by date modified.

Last edited by Diaboyos; 11-13-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #7
Diaboyos

This is what I was looking for!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254443
Old 11-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I was going to ask why you don't just sort the list by date? That's what I do when I add a number of books for exactly the reason you describe. No need to add anything.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote