Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
PDFtoWord Converter

Just found a new pdf converter online. It is called pdftoword and is free.
Here is the link: http://www.pdftoword.com/

I have not tried it yet but it claims to be fairly accurate.
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Just found a new pdf converter online. It is called pdftoword and is free.
Here is the link: http://www.pdftoword.com/

I have not tried it yet but it claims to be fairly accurate.
RA
Checking it out now to see how well it does with a text-based PDF I have on hand. Thanks for the link

EDIT: Okay, that was frickin' awesome!!! That's the best results I've ever had. There's no false advertising in what they're saying. I've never had any software give results as good as that on converting a PDF.

Now trying a screenwriting book in PDF I have, a lot more complicated this time. Let's see how it handles that one.

Karma to you for letting us know about this radamo.

Last edited by Moejoe; 05-19-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Checking it out now to see how well it does with a text-based PDF I have on hand. Thanks for the link

EDIT: Okay, that was frickin' awesome!!! That's the best results I've ever had. There's no false advertising in what they're saying. I've never had any software give results as good as that on converting a PDF.

Now trying a screenwriting book in PDF I have, a lot more complicated this time. Let's see how it handles that one.

Karma to you for letting us know about this radamo.
Glad you got good results with it. I use their Free PDF converter on my pc when I need to convert MS Office docs to pdf. It is called PrimoPDF and also works well. I have not had a chance to give this a shot yet. I hope to soon.

Thanks for the Karma.
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
pfisterfarm
pfisterfarm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
EDIT: Okay, that was frickin' awesome!!! That's the best results I've ever had.
Does this take a while? I tried a test file, fairly complicated, to see what would happen. It's been a hour or two, and nothing has shown up yet.

I'd really like to find something to convert PDFs, especially to make then usable on the Kindle. Everything I've tried makes rather a mess of things. PDFread has been the closest, but I think files converted by it can be a little hard to follow.
pfisterfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
pfisterfarm
pfisterfarm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
I use their Free PDF converter on my pc when I need to convert MS Office docs to pdf.
Do they have a free utility to do pdf to doc? I'd use the online tool, except for the 10mb limit and my test file which still hasn't come back yet...
pfisterfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfisterfarm View Post
Does this take a while? I tried a test file, fairly complicated, to see what would happen. It's been a hour or two, and nothing has shown up yet.

I'd really like to find something to convert PDFs, especially to make then usable on the Kindle. Everything I've tried makes rather a mess of things. PDFread has been the closest, but I think files converted by it can be a little hard to follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfisterfarm View Post
Do they have a free utility to do pdf to doc? I'd use the online tool, except for the 10mb limit and my test file which still hasn't come back yet...
Out of the 4 files I tried last night, 3 came back surprisingly well formatted -- they were all text based PDF's that I'd almost given up on. Even the screenplay book with all it's advanced formatting came back suprisingly well.

I've tried 3 other files and none of them have worked, didn't even get anything back in the email. Their standalone NitroPDF (which I test drived last night) is absolutely crap comapred to the online results. No idea why that would be.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
Ellimist
Ellimist began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue)
In my experience, NitroPDF has troubles.

Last edited by Ellimist; 05-24-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Ellimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:35 AM   #8
namiamy
Banned
namiamy began at the beginning.

Device: none
i know a new free pdf to word converter.
you can download from:AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter
namiamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #9
raneeq
Banned
raneeq began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namiamy View Post
i know a new free pdf to word converter.
you can download from:AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter
I tried this, not bad. It is amazing that I can really convert a pdf file which cannot copy. I like this!

For online pdf to word, www.zamzar.com not bad!
raneeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Unfortunately it won't work, (install), on my system with Word 2002. It only support 2003 and 2007.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
raneeq
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Unfortunately it won't work, (install), on my system with Word 2002. It only support 2003 and 2007.

Dale
Sorry, my word is 2007. It works well on my computer. Although sometimes i need to replace the textbox.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by raneeq View Post
Sorry, my word is 2007. It works well on my computer. Although sometimes i need to replace the textbox.
They say they will support 2002 someday so maybe I will find out what its all about. I am not planning to upgrade. I did download the updates for formats so I have all of the 2007 features I want including docx read and write. I suspect the tool will work unmodified but the installer won't let me try.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #13
raneeq
Banned

Quote:
They say they will support 2002 someday so maybe I will find out what its all about. I am not planning to upgrade. I did download the updates for formats so I have all of the 2007 features I want including docx read and write. I suspect the tool will work unmodified but the installer won't let me try.

Dale
So you may wait for the software support word 2002. Personally I think word 2007 is go to use. But it will take much more CPU.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #14
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

Dale
Any chance of them supporting 2000? It's ancient but it works fine with Vista (even though it's not supported and supposedly doesn't work), so I hate to spend money on an upgrade I don't need.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:40 AM   #15
raneeq
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Any chance of them supporting 2000? It's ancient but it works fine with Vista (even though it's not supported and supposedly doesn't work), so I hate to spend money on an upgrade I don't need.
Yep, definitely it will be. I have seen their webpage they said “Support exporting MS Word 97-2007 formats (.doc, .docx)” I wrote an email to ask them about it. They replied me that they will. But they need time.