Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2020, 08:07 PM   #1
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Question Opening web browser without WiFi in Kobo firmware

Hi,
I'd like to try/try to create an offline calendar app for my Kobo Libra. Since it's very difficult to find and install one as a pure app (binary), I wondered if it would be possible to do it in a browser.
The only problem I hurt to for now is that I can't open the browser from a local server without WiFi, unless I leave it open after I deactivate WiFi.
I've seen this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=214340&page=2 from 2013 for the Glo, but it seems old and I don't know if those tips will work in recent firmware.
Have you an idea on how to bypass that?

Thanks!
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:16 PM   #2
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Try Kobo WebPortal. There's something on that, I can't remember though...
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #3
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found it, but it just says that it's not possible to run it without Wi-Fi, so...

But thanks for your answer though! I discovered maybe a new hack I'll put on my Kobo soon!
Old 08-22-2020, 11:05 PM   #4
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Read the whole thread. There's an intranet hack.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #5
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Read the whole thread. There's an intranet hack.
I tried it, but it didn't work either. It worked in KOReader, but since there's no web browser there... I can't do very much.

EDIT: Wait... maybe I found something
EDIT: No... doesn't seem to work either, sadly.

Last edited by NiMa; 08-23-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Advert
Old 08-23-2020, 01:09 PM   #6
NiMa
Evangelist

Well... got it *kind of* working by turning on a spare GoPro WiFi I had in my house and connecting my Kobo to the network of the camera. Although it has no Internet whatsoever, the web browser fires up now and I can access local server (webportal) and local files.
Considering that the GoPro is a fairly small camera, I consider it as a usable and working workaround.