Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2021, 07:06 PM   #16
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Apparently my eReader isn't in the mood to update.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:13 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
So manually update.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:24 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
As with almost all firmware updates, Kobo will roll these out in phases. This is based on the affiliate and location you are in. The first is always to a small affiliate for a couple of days and then expanded over the next few weeks. In the past, this could take a month.

The "almost" is that when Kobo replaces a recent release due to a bug. They will go through the release phases quickly if the release was causing problems.

As @JSWolf said, you can manually install the firmware. Or you can change the affiliate to one of the early adopter affiliates and the device will do the install.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #19
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As with almost all firmware updates, Kobo will roll these out in phases. This is based on the affiliate and location you are in. The first is always to a small affiliate for a couple of days and then expanded over the next few weeks. In the past, this could take a month.

The "almost" is that when Kobo replaces a recent release due to a bug. They will go through the release phases quickly if the release was causing problems.

As @JSWolf said, you can manually install the firmware. Or you can change the affiliate to one of the early adopter affiliates and the device will do the install.
Yep. Installing it manually. I've experienced this before.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:13 AM   #20
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The link on geek1011's Kobo Firmware Downloads page?

Alternatively, you can check the this link to Kobo's release notes.
Thanks ! I thought it was in the message.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:45 AM   #21
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
The patches have been released.

As usual, NickelMenu does not require any updates and will continue to work after the upgrade.
This is the second greatest feature of NickelMenu!

If your an idiot like me who just likes to check out any new features ASAP the latest firmware may have - just roll it back....

On a side note, due to the latest discussions about the Aura One screen touch accuracy/lag issues I have given up on the firmware fixing it.

Last edited by Rid; 02-17-2021 at 02:48 AM.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:11 AM   #22
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M6, Kobo Clara HD
Thanks for the heads up.

My personal experience in the last year outside the USA, in Asia, is that my Clara updates within about 48 hours of when I see an announcement here.

So I'm only partially anxiously awaiting.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 02-17-2021 at 11:19 AM.
Nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #23
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:

I just connected to wifi, hit sync and my device got the update. 1st update since I got it a few weeks ago. It was bought from Walmart, shipped to Israel. Time to update my sig-y.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #24
isaacbh
Connoisseur
isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
I just connected to wifi, hit sync and my device got the update. 1st update since I got it a few weeks ago. It was bought from Walmart, shipped to Israel. Time to update my sig-y.
Hmm... I'm in Israel too but didn't get the update yet. I bought mine from Indigo (way back in 2015), so I guess it's a different affiliate.
isaacbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #25
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M6, Kobo Clara HD
I'm still waiting.
Nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:32 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
I'm still waiting.
You can stop waiting and side load 4.26.16704.

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Old 02-20-2021, 09:33 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Is the firmware page going to have the bbcode links creator back?
Old 02-20-2021, 10:15 AM   #28
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is the firmware page going to have the bbcode links creator back?
Yes, when I have time (if you look at my GitHub profile, you'll notice I've been quite busy recently).
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #29
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
My Aura updated to version just prior, possibly due to affiliate status. That's fine, it all Just Works.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:13 AM   #30
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
That is my list. Kobo described the Annotations sync, as a "New Annotation service". Which probably means a full rewrite. During the beta, I had some problems with two devices. They would not sync the annotations. All the others, plus the Android and iOS apps synced fine. Signing out and back in on one (haven't gotten around to the other) fixed the problem. The annotation syncing for these two devices have been broken for a while. There were annotations on them from last year that hadn't synced. Which actually means there were annotations that I forgot to delete more so than.

I missed this post earlier.

I'm excited to test this out. As you probably recall, David, annotation syncing issues between Kobo ereaders and their iOS software counterparts has been something that has bugged me for years. The last time we talked about it, you pointed out there were improvements. I tried it out and found it to be as you said. The major complaint I had was that syncing was delayed, sometimes by hours. Still, it was a vast improvement.

I like to use the iOS app for annotation with its quicker keyboard, but prefer reading at night with the ereader. This works great with my Kindle, but not as well on my Kobo. I could create syncing issues if I highlighted a passage on the ereader before the updates that I made in the iOS app synced—like whispersync used to do ten years ago. I wonder if the full rewrite made things quicker and more stable. I'll start testing tonight.

~Dˢ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release