Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Dilemma with deleting Overdrive Title

I have an interesting problem. I've managed to borrow an Overdrive title I have already purchased on my Kindle. I didn't realize / the OD site didn't tell me I'd already purchased the ebook until I'd hit send to Kindle.

When I look at my loans in MYK I only have three books loaned to me, yet, on the OD site it tells me I have four books loaned, one being this book which I've purchased.

How can I return a book if the Kindle site doesn't recognize me as having borrowed it, but OD thinks I have?

Guess I have to wait for it to expire?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I have an interesting problem. I've managed to borrow an Overdrive title I have already purchased on my Kindle. I didn't realize / the OD site didn't tell me I'd already purchased the ebook until I'd hit send to Kindle.

When I look at my loans in MYK I only have three books loaned to me, yet, on the OD site it tells me I have four books loaned, one being this book which I've purchased.

How can I return a book if the Kindle site doesn't recognize me as having borrowed it, but OD thinks I have?

Guess I have to wait for it to expire?
Wow I never thought of that scenario! I would call Kindle Support. I say call because I tried to email them about a library issue and got no where then they email me back and told me to call. Because of the name of the book I had problems with I couldn't do that. It's one thing to type it but I am very shy when it comes to talking to strangers on the phone.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good idea, Blossom!

I really didn't think I'd bought the book from Amazon...and it cost too much for me to have purchased it when I bought a "few" books over the weekend. ROTFL
Old 01-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Good idea, Blossom!

I really didn't think I'd bought the book from Amazon...and it cost too much for me to have purchased it when I bought a "few" books over the weekend. ROTFL
Maybe it's a previous freebie?
Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
copyrite
Wizard

Not free... but only 99 cents. It's $3.59 now.

The CS rep had to send me to higher authorities. I'm on hold as I type.

Edit...

They gave me a .99 cent credit on the copy I bought on Christmas, and another $4.00 credit since the book is $3.59, but Overdrive still thinks I've purchased a copy of this book, won't let me re-download it, and still is listed on my OD checked-out list. ARGH.

Oh well. Two weeks isn't that long of a time to wait for it to leave, hm?

Last edited by copyrite; 01-19-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Wait. So you accidentally borrow a book you already own and it results in $4.99 worth of Amazon credit? Why can't I make mistakes like that??
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Wait. So you accidentally borrow a book you already own and it results in $4.99 worth of Amazon credit? Why can't I make mistakes like that??
Same here! Good it got somewhat sorted out.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
copyrite
Wizard

I think I'll just wait until the title expires and re-check it out again. And buy something else.