Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
Miss3181
Miss3181 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO CLARA HD
Authors, collections

Hello,
I have been using a Kobo Aura for years and managed to configure it as I wanted:
Series and volume number in the series
The name of the author

Collections by series title and by author (surname-first name)

But I just bought a kobo Clara and I can not configure everything exactly the same.
I managed to deliver the series and volume number in the series, the name-first name of the author,

On the other hand, in the Authors tab, I end up with a folder for the name of the author, a folder for the first name of the author and when I want to sort by either author's name or by first name from the author, I have exactly the same list

And for the collections, it's the big emptiness

I'm looking for a way to redo the settings to put everything to my taste.

here is the setting I used

{author}/{serie}/{authors} - {series_index:0>2s| | - }{title}

Thank you for your help
Miss3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:21 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
If nothing else, AFAIR, Kobo's firmware treats a comma as a separator for multiple authors. "Jack Green" is a single first name last name author while "Green, Jack" is two authors who have a single name.

Also, keep in mind that Kobo's firmware will sort by the author last name when you display the author list.

As for the collections, the calibre template you are showing has little to do with how collections are configured on your Kobo. See the Kobo Shelves and Collections wiki entry for some help configuring collections so calibre will manage them on your Kobo.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
@Miss3181: It should just work. Calibre does not treat any of the touch-screen Kobo device differently in any way. The only thing I can think of is that you need to update calibre. The Aura is running a fairly old firmware version. The Clara HD will be running the latest version. You have a recent enough version of calibre that supports the Clara HD, but, maybe it doesn't support the firmware version. Though that should mean you don't have the series info unless you used my Kobo Touch Utilities plugin to set them. Was there an error when you connected the device?

Otherwise, as DNSB suggested, you need to check the KoboTouch driver configuration. The template you list is the save template for the files on the device. These have nothing to do with the data displayed. The driver can build the collections based on the metadata in the calibre library and the books on the device.

Or have you installed the auto-shelf hack on the Aura? Sorry, I can't think of it's name, but it can build the collections from the file structure. If so, you need to install it on the Clara HD.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #4
Miss3181
Miss3181 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO CLARA HD
@davidfor
I have version 3.46 of Calibre
I actually had an error message the first time I connected the Kobo Clara but I did a firmware update through the KoboTouchExtended and everything went back to normal.
I do not remember having installed a hack of automatic shelves but it was 5 years ago.
I modified the backup model and now I have the collections that fill up. Great.
Thank you for your help.
Miss3181 is offline   Reply With Quote