Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
more
more began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
Dictionary bad - Alternative?

Hi,
I use the kobo forma with the latest firmware (4.15).

Before I used the kindle oasis.

With the kobo forma, the dictionary is very bad. There are so many words, that the dictionary dont find. Really many words, that are normaly in my oasis to find.

Is there a possibility to install another one, in german? And if yes, where can I download it or have I to pay for it?

It would be nice, if someone could help me out.

Regards
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by more View Post
Is there a possibility to install another one, in german? And if yes, where can I download it or have I to pay for it?
Take a look at this thread. There are ways to add dictionaries to a Kobo (or replace the builtin ones).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #3
ps67
Zealot
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
See also: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=196931

And if You prefer that dictionary You can also apply a patch to avoid to get again the useless default dictionary at synchronization.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:50 PM   #4
more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Take a look at this thread. There are ways to add dictionaries to a Kobo (or replace the builtin ones).
This way is too difficult for me, no chance to do that.
I need to convert a mobi-file into a dictionary for my kobo forma. Or somewhere download an excellent dictionary, I also would pay for it.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
See also: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=196931

And if You prefer that dictionary You can also apply a patch to avoid to get again the useless default dictionary at synchronization.

But the dictionaries there, are the standard ones, or not? That would not help me, because the standard is very poor.
Advert
Old 08-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #6
ps67
Zealot
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by more View Post
But the dictionaries there, are the standard ones, or not? That would not help me, because the standard is very poor.
they should be better, at least for the one in Italian it is certainly so, check the file size.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote