Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
Mohan-V-Allied
Junior Member
Mohan-V-Allied began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 9
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2013
Device: Kobo touch
Lost the Kobo help centre

Hi,

Wonder if anyone knows what is happening at Kobo help centre. As am trying to get in touch with them. There is a help page but no links. Can find no way to contact them.

My issues are a recent update.
1. When syncing to upload my new ebooks, that is all I want. Do not want a new update unless I choose to have it. They give you no choice but to accept it.
2. Little glitches with the new update, ebooks loaded from other sources than Kobo have the problems. The annotations disappear, ebook opens the wrong place and contents don't work. There are other minor isuses.
3. Kobo ebooks where loaded as EPUB but after the last update these have been converted to KEPUB. Which means these can only be read on Kobo, unless an app is downloaded to the computer. The reason for choosing Kobe was that they had plain EPUBs.

If anyone can let me know how to get in touch with there help centre much appreciated.
Mohan-V-Allied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 17,136
Karma: 26480038
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan-V-Allied View Post
Hi,

Wonder if anyone knows what is happening at Kobo help centre. As am trying to get in touch with them. There is a help page but no links. Can find no way to contact them.
Every now and then some makes this statement. But, it has always baffled me. When ever I visit the store, there is a "Feedback" link on the right-hand side of the screen. That gives several options including a link to "Customer care". Then there is "Help" at the top right, with a customer care link at the bottom of that page.
Quote:
My issues are a recent update.
1. When syncing to upload my new ebooks, that is all I want. Do not want a new update unless I choose to have it. They give you no choice but to accept it.
Correct. You have no option but to accept it. And there never has been an option. There is a patch to avoid the download or add a prompt when it happens.
Quote:
2. Little glitches with the new update, ebooks loaded from other sources than Kobo have the problems. The annotations disappear, ebook opens the wrong place and contents don't work. There are other minor isuses.
Sounds like a problem discussed in the thread for firmware version 4.15.12920. Hopefully there will be a fix in the near future. It is a problem triggered by the way the ToC in the books are constructed. This can also be fixed.
Quote:
3. Kobo ebooks where loaded as EPUB but after the last update these have been converted to KEPUB. Which means these can only be read on Kobo, unless an app is downloaded to the computer. The reason for choosing Kobe was that they had plain EPUBs.
Nothing has changed in how books are downloaded from the Kobo store during my history of using Kobo. The devices have always downloaded kepubs. The desktop application has also always downloaded kepubs. If you want the epub version, you need to download the book from your library on the Kobo store. These will be epubs, with or without DRM depending on the book. Of course, a kepub is basically an epub with some specific styles and spans added. Unless they have DRM, they can be opened by any epub reader.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
GeoffR's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,821
Karma: 19159830
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Te Riu-a-Māui
Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Every now and then some makes this statement. But, it has always baffled me. When ever I visit the store, there is a "Feedback" link on the right-hand side of the screen. That gives several options including a link to "Customer care". Then there is "Help" at the top right, with a customer care link at the bottom of that page.
This might depend on locality or browser, but the help button at the top right of the Kobo homepage seems to have changed recently, when I click on it there are no longer any contact links for chat / email / phone that I can see. (Edit: Looking again, there is a contact button at the very bottom of the help page, it used to be at the top.)

The feedback tab still works, but it is blocked by some ad blockers.

Last edited by GeoffR; 08-02-2019 at 03:22 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
Mohan-V-Allied
Junior Member
Mohan-V-Allied began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 9
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2013
Device: Kobo touch
Thanks for your reply, am living in the UK. All the links just go back to the help page or the 'Submit a request' link has been removed. The button at the bottom also just returns you to the same page.

Thanks for your time and help.
Mohan-V-Allied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #5
Mohan-V-Allied
Junior Member
Mohan-V-Allied began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 9
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2013
Device: Kobo touch
Don't think Kobo want a help page anymore.

Have visited the Kobo Help page; there are a couple of links on the page which just loop back to the same page. There is a ‘Submit a request’ but the link has been disabled. Have used this link in the past. On the store page there is a help link; upper right but it goes to the help page which back where I started.
The page ‘My Books’ – Support for books you’ve purchased or downloaded, also has it’s links removed.
In regards, to the downloading of EPUB and KEPUB’s. Had a download of an ebook which was transferred to the computer and was partially read there. When the update was performed found that ebook had been converted to KEPUB. Checked the file type aganst each other.
Thanks for your help and support.
Mohan-V-Allied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 17,136
Karma: 26480038
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan-V-Allied View Post
Thanks for your reply, am living in the UK. All the links just go back to the help page or the 'Submit a request' link has been removed. The button at the bottom also just returns you to the same page.
Here, the "Submit a request" page has "What is the issue about?" and under it a drop-down. Clicking on any of the items in the drop-down shows several suggestions and a "Contact Us" button. Clicking that goes to a page with choices of "Chat With Us" and "Call Us". I have used the chat a few times to sort out problems. The "Call Us" is a little strange as it gives a problem submission form rather than phone numbers. Maybe when that is filled in it will give the contact details.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 17,136
Karma: 26480038
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan-V-Allied View Post
The page ‘My Books’ – Support for books you’ve purchased or downloaded, also has it’s links removed.
Do you mean there are no download links when you click the menu item next to the books in the library? Have you done something to turn of Javascript or popups or something?
Quote:
In regards, to the downloading of EPUB and KEPUB’s. Had a download of an ebook which was transferred to the computer and was partially read there. When the update was performed found that ebook had been converted to KEPUB. Checked the file type aganst each other.
Downloaded how? On the device? The Kobo desktop application? As I said above, downloads to the device or the Kobo desktop application have always been kepubs. And how are you comparing file types? Neither use an extension, so you can't be comparing that.

Or from the store library before whatever has happened to remove the link? These will be epubs. And they will have an extension.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Centre images in .docx MartinM Conversion 8 04-21-2018 12:39 AM
Lost my Kobo xwolfi Kobo Reader 2 06-06-2015 05:44 PM
Lost my Kobo ereader Roadbug Kobo Reader 7 12-20-2011 08:54 AM
How do I centre a horizontal rule? AlexBell ePub 12 10-06-2010 03:09 AM
UK's Printed Electronics Technology Centre (PETEC) and the Flexible Display Centre ( Dulin's Books News 0 02-18-2010 02:30 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.