Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2019, 05:49 PM   #16
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo told me their developers are working to fix a problem that is currently causing E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN and E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN errors when downloading books with ADE.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #17
rashkae
Guru
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Great to see that the problem has penetrated the wall of Customer Support.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2019, 08:25 AM   #18
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Does Google books have DRM?

Yes, I've had trouble with response from Kobo in the past. I bought a book and while the cover was correct, the contents were a different book. Tried to get it fixed for more than 6 months before I threw in the towel and asked for a refund. They still have it for sale. Still the same error.
Google Books has some books that are DRM-free and some that have DRM, same as Kobo. I think the DRM requirement comes from the publisher, not sure, but I haven't come across a book that would be DRM-free in one place and DRM-protected at the other.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:38 PM   #19
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
Message them on chat. I won't miss my VIP membership. Some of the books on my wishlist are cheaper on Google play
I always submit a price match unless the difference is about 25 cents or less. Just make sure you get a screen print of the competitor's page, just in case they dispute it. The price match will make the effective price 90% of the competitor's price, but it is refunded in store credit.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:52 AM   #20
bookaho!ic
Addict
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
[QUOTE=Tarana;3872969]Does Google books have DRM?

Yep. Same a buying from Kobo except the acsm files open with Google lol
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #21
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Kobo told me their developers are working to fix a problem that is currently causing E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN and E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN errors when downloading books with ADE.
How in the world did you get them to tell you that? I recently bought 3 books that have the E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN error and customer service is totally clueless every time I call/chat about it. All they keep telling me is it's a problem with ADE, and to call Adobe.
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #22
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamborine View Post
How in the world did you get them to tell you that? I recently bought 3 books that have the E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN error and customer service is totally clueless every time I call/chat about it. All they keep telling me is it's a problem with ADE, and to call Adobe.
I didn't describe it as a problem with ADE when I first asked for help, I just said the .acsm file I downloaded from the Kobo website was faulty and pasted them a copy of its contents. They tried resetting the ebook license a few times and when that didn't work they said they would escalate the issue and offered a refund. I didn't accept the refund, and later received the email from someone futher up the chain about the developers working on a problem that causes the ADE errors.

(The .acsm file I downloaded does in fact result in an E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN error in ADE, but I didn't tell them that because ADE was not the problem, the problem exists with the .acsm file supplied by Kobo before it gets to ADE.)
Old 08-03-2019, 03:33 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
I didn't describe it as a problem with ADE when I first asked for help, I just said the .acsm file I downloaded from the Kobo website was faulty and pasted them a copy of its contents. They tried resetting the ebook license a few times and when that didn't work they said they would escalate the issue and offered a refund. I didn't accept the refund, and later received the email from someone futher up the chain about the developers working on a problem that causes the ADE errors.

(The .acsm file I downloaded does in fact result in an E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN error in ADE, but I didn't tell them that because ADE was not the problem, the problem exists with the .acsm file supplied by Kobo before it gets to ADE.)
Did those .acsm files contain text similar to:
Code:
<error xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/adept" data="E_URLLINK_NO_SUCH_RESOURCE resid urn:uuid:934434a5-b3b2-4000-6868-464624e110ae http://acs4.shortcovers.com:8080/fulfillment/URLLink.acsm"/>
instead of the expected content?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #24
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Did those .acsm files contain text similar to:
Code:
<error xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/adept" data="E_URLLINK_NO_SUCH_RESOURCE resid urn:uuid:934434a5-b3b2-4000-6868-464624e110ae http://acs4.shortcovers.com:8080/fulfillment/URLLink.acsm"/>
instead of the expected content?
Yes the same.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #25
MGlitch
Guru
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
For what it’s worth if you run into an issue that the folks on the phone or in chat can’t seem to solve you can use the “feedback” option which should appear on the far right side of your browser on Kobos site. Note that it’s blocked by most ad blocking things. I found the best way to get to it was use Microsoft Edge, the browser who’s only job otherwise is to download a better browser. It doesn’t come preloaded with anything that’ll block the feedback button.

As to what options you pick from there I don’t think it matters much the message will get to someone who can actually do something about it.

At least that was the process I went through awhile back when there was a bug with the lock screen.

I’ve also found its better if you use chat and explain you’ve found a bug explain clearly what you did what you expected and if it’s reproducible without any caveats. Obviously the caveat in rashkae’s case is it’s only certain books.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #26
Tweaker46
Tweaker46 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I saw this problem with a book I recently purchased. The acsm file was 187 bytes. All the other books I have downloaded were 2K bytes in size. Adobe will continue to have problems as long as it is being giving a bad file. KOBO needs to get the file fixed.
Tweaker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:26 PM   #27
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker46 View Post
I saw this problem with a book I recently purchased. The acsm file was 187 bytes. All the other books I have downloaded were 2K bytes in size. Adobe will continue to have problems as long as it is being giving a bad file. KOBO needs to get the file fixed.
Part of the response I received from Kobo was:
"If you are getting one of these 2 errors. Please be aware that our Development team is currently working on a fix.
As soon as this is resolved, we will reach out to you directly."

I suspect GeoffR received pretty much the same response. Hopefully with the number of complaints they've received, it is now a priority item.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:34 AM   #28
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I complained about 3 books yesterday also.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #29
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Signed Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura v2, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Had the same issue, ended up chatting with a (mostly clueless) tech support and ended the chat by asking the person to forward the problem to whoever is responsible for the files, and soon enough I got this reply by email :

Hello,

This is a follow up regarding the issue your are experiencing with ADE.

If you are getting one of these 2 errors. Please be aware that our Development team is currently working on a fix.
As soon as this is resolved, we will reach out to you directly.

E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN

E_URLLINK_NO_SUCH_RESOURCE
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #30
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
Had the same issue, ended up chatting with a (mostly clueless) tech support and ended the chat by asking the person to forward the problem to whoever is responsible for the files, and soon enough I got this reply by email :

Hello,

This is a follow up regarding the issue your are experiencing with ADE.

If you are getting one of these 2 errors. Please be aware that our Development team is currently working on a fix.
As soon as this is resolved, we will reach out to you directly.

E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN

E_URLLINK_NO_SUCH_RESOURCE
So they can't count...