Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #1666
johhnydarko
johhnydarko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Overall, I am very happy with the Kobo software, and prefer it -- and the customizability -- far above the Kindle's. BUT I would love to see improvements to the annotations, primarily:

Highlight the punctuation at the end of sentences automatically, if the last word selected is at the end of a sentence. It seems that this could maybe be accomplished by programming the highlight to always include contiguous characters.

Thanks for making such a great device and for listening to the community's suggestions.

Peace.
johhnydarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #1667
wintrup
wintrup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PRS-350
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'd like reference hyperlinks to pull up in a window that I can close. I'm fed up with accidentally hitting a hyperlink and then losing my page completely and having to the book back.
wintrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #1668
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintrup View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'd like reference hyperlinks to pull up in a window that I can close. I'm fed up with accidentally hitting a hyperlink and then losing my page completely and having to the book back.
Are you talking about using footnotes? If so, there should be a "Previous location" link in the bottom bar to take you back to where you were. Or, if you use kepubs instead of epubs, footnotes will be displayed as a popup.

If you are not talking about footnotes, then, I don't know what you mean. Can you explain it better?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo