Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Fictionwise - 60% off this week. (exp. 10/8 ish)

Use 100612 for 60% off at Fictionwise this week. Stated exp. date is 10/8.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks!

(I think - My TBR might not thank you.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Yes, thanks. They switched it up on us. I tried yesterday's date as a code yesterday, but it didn't work.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Woo-Hoo! Thanks!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021

I hope you enablers are happy at last! At least the voices in my head ("buy now!" and "good price!") are appeased ... for now

I bought the available Gideon Oliver books (FW only has books 1-10, and I already own the first one, which is still unread ), which no matter how much I've tried to talk myself out of buying, someone around here (like him) is always recommending them, and some Joan Smiths, who I just discovered through Dear Author.

Spoiler:
2.00 - 1 Reprise [MultiFormat] by Joan Smith
2.00 - 1 Imprudent Lady [MultiFormat] by Joan Smith
2.00 - 1 Gather Ye Rosebuds [MultiFormat] by Joan Smith
2.00 - 1 Reluctant Bride [MultiFormat] by Joan Smith
2.00 - 1 Aunt Sophie's Diamonds [MultiFormat] by Joan Smith
1.60 - 1 Skeleton Dance (Gideon Oliver 10) [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 Twenty Blue Devils (Gideon Oliver 9) [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 Dead Men's Hearts [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 Make No Bones (Gideon Oliver 7) [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 Icy Clutches (Gideon Oliver 6) [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 Curses! (Gideon Oliver 5) [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 Old Bones [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 Murder in the Queen's Armes [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins
1.60 - 1 The Dark Place (Gideon Oliver 2) [MultiFormat] by Aaron Elkins

Now off to shelve them and figure out when they'll get read!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The Gideon Olivers are a steal at $1.60 each. Splendid stuff. Alas - I've finished the ten I bought from Fictionwise, so I've bought the five other books by Aaron Elkins (non-Gideon Oliver series) to try them.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The Gideon Olivers are a steal at $1.60 each. Splendid stuff. Alas - I've finished the ten I bought from Fictionwise, so I've bought the five other books by Aaron Elkins (non-Gideon Oliver series) to try them.
I already own his Chris Norgren series from last year (still unread also ) so today I bought the two standalone books, Loot and Turncoat.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Grrr....

1.60 - 1 Fellowship of Fear (Gideon Oliver 1) by Aaron Elkins
0.40 - 1 Layout For Murder: A Noir Masters Triple Threat by Edward D. Hoch
0.40 - 1 Big Trouble: A Noir Masters Triple Threat by Hal Ellson
0.40 - 1 Death By the Numbers: A Noir Masters Triple Threat by Ed Lacy
0.40 - 1 The Killing: A Noir Masters Triple Threat by Frank Kane
0.40 - 1 Squeeze Play: A Noir Masters Triple Threat by Richard Prather
-----
3.60 - Total
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I think the Aaron Elkins books are the best deals on FW right now. Unfortunately I bought them all a long time ago, so I can't buy them again

I like all three of his series. The Gideon Oliver series is the longest and most developed, and I really enjoy the persnickety detail of the forensics. I also am a huge Francophile, so I really enjoy the ones which are set in France. Back in DTB days, I jumped into the series in the middle, and when I went back and read the first couple, they were fairly different than most of the rest, so this is a series you shouldn't judge just by the first book or two. I think they really got better through the first few, and have stayed pretty darn good since.

The Chris Norgren ones, only three of them, are fun for the art background. They remind me a little bit of Iain Pears' Jonathan Argyll/Flavia di Stefano series. And the ones Elkins writes with his wife, the Lee Ofsted golf books, are also fun, but a little less intellectually satisfying, or maybe I'm just not that into golf. I also liked his thrillers, which aren't really gory thrillers, and do have elements of mystery, so although I'm not usually all that fond of thrillers, I liked these.

It's hard pickings for me now on FW - I've just about exhausted most of the mainstream mystery authors with backlist titles on FW, and I'm not much into short stories so the mystery magazines aren't very tempting. I have found a few new indie authors from FW, but even that seems to be getting harder and harder as more poorly written or poorly edited stuff keeps getting added.

I was sort of hoping that with the hiatus in agency for some publishers, FW might start getting some more interesting titles back in, but it hasn't happened yet. Of course, BN may not want FW competing with them...sigh!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
It's hard pickings for me now on FW
Yeah.. Me too. I did pick up the last three Gideon Oliver books, the three Chris Norgren books and the standalone Loot. I've enjoyed the Aaron Elkins books I've read and doubt I'll be disappointed with these.

Just don't seem to find anything else on FW that strikes my fancy.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote