Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #1291
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Word is that the PW's new FW update 5.4.1 breaks JBPatch again....can anyone confirm or deny? (sorry ixtab!!!!)
Well that's embarrassing ...don't know where that number came from (can't even claim dyslexia!)... yes FW 5.3.4.

(still sorry for your pain, ixtab....still love JBPatch! )
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #1292
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
"status report" concerning FW 5.3.4:

- device info patch: adapted, working
- hyphenation patch: adapted, working
- margins patch: adapted, working
- dictionaries patch: not adapted yet, because Amazon has changed the class layout. Further investigation required.
- font sizes patch: not adapted; support for this patch will be discontinued anyway.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #1293
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post

- font sizes patch: not adapted; support for this patch will be discontinued anyway.
There has to be a better way.

Perhaps an email campaign to CS would be effective if 100's got involved.
Its crazy to not provision it
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #1294
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you ixtab.

I can't read without hyphenation. Waiting for downloading adapted jbpatch before updating to 5.3.4.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #1295
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Quote:

- dictionaries patch: not adapted yet, because Amazon has changed the class layout. Further investigation required.
Please, release without the other patches; hyphenation and margins are the essential (and I already installed, by mistake, the new firmware).

Thanks!
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #1296
kevinpars
Connoisseur
kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just wondering if there was a particular reason for no longer supporting the font sizes patch. Is it due to the fact that it does not work with some specific kindle formats or is it just too much trouble keeping up with all the amazon patches that mean more work for you? Not a huge deal - but was curious.

I really think that Amazon should have more flexibility in font sizes anyway - since it is the one big advantages in ebooks - that is giving the reader the choice in the size of the font. no point limiting that advantage unless it is a hassle to support different font sizes.
kevinpars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #1297
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Please, release without the other patches; hyphenation and margins are the essential (and I already installed, by mistake, the new firmware).

Thanks!
The previous firmware version was a full image - just re-install the prior version from Amazon to down-grade.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #1298
PichiGlass
PichiGlass began at the beginning.

Quote:

Thank You so much!!
PichiGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #1299
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
As of now, JBPatch and KUAL both appear on the home screen as regular books. Is there a way to reduce this? For instance, is there a way to run JBPatch from the KUAL menu, without it being visible from the home screen?
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #1300
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
As of now, JBPatch and KUAL both appear on the home screen as regular books. Is there a way to reduce this? For instance, is there a way to run JBPatch from the KUAL menu, without it being visible from the home screen?
same as the answer I gave in the other thread. Hide it.

I thought someone had made a collections manager launcher? Ah yes.. HERE So pretty much just hack the link to collections manager and point it at the other thingy, rename it to "JBPATCH Launcher" or something and that should do the job.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #1301
cuervotux
cuervotux can extract oil from cheesecuervotux can extract oil from cheesecuervotux can extract oil from cheesecuervotux can extract oil from cheesecuervotux can extract oil from cheesecuervotux can extract oil from cheesecuervotux can extract oil from cheesecuervotux can extract oil from cheese

Suggestion

ixtab, first of all I want to thank you! You change it all!

Second, I sorry for my bad English.

And finally what take me here: I have used jbpatch in my old kindle touch (device that I've lost) and now, I realised how important is the reading progress bar. If I can do something to help you and re-include this patch, I'd be glad you help. Perhaps I can help you, I have knowledge of programming, and advenced used of linux.

Thank you very much again!

Last edited by cuervotux; 03-17-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: bad redaction
cuervotux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #1302
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hyphenation / Margins patch with support for PW 5.3.4

OK... so it'll take some more time for a full-fledged new version supporting FW 5.3.4.

In the mean time, due to popular demand, here are the hyphenation and margins patches as standalone files.

You only need these if you are running PW FW 5.3.4, with JBPatch 3.2.1. Install as usual, i.e., copy the file(s) into opt/jbpatch on the USB drive.

Note: the core of JBPatch 3.2.1 does work on FW 5.3.4, but none of the bundled patches do (only the ones attached here work). That also means that it won't show up in the device info.

EDIT 2013-04-16: attachments removed; see first post for new JBPatch version.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-15-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #1303
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervotux View Post
ixtab, first of all I want to thank you! You change it all!

Second, I sorry for my bad English.

And finally what take me here: I have used jbpatch in my old kindle touch (device that I've lost) and now, I realised how important is the reading progress bar. If I can do something to help you and re-include this patch, I'd be glad you help. Perhaps I can help you, I have knowledge of programming, and advenced used of linux.

Thank you very much again!
You are more than welcome to try and adapt it - the sources are linked from the first post. But be aware that this WILL be a MAJOR effort, especially if it's supposed to work on all Firmware versions. Good luck!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #1304
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Quote:
OK... so it'll take some more time for a full-fledged new version supporting FW 5.3.4.

In the mean time, due to popular demand, here are the hyphenation and margins patches as standalone files.

You only need these if you are running PW FW 5.3.4, with JBPatch 3.2.1. Install as usual, i.e., copy the file(s) into opt/jbpatch on the USB drive.

Note: the core of JBPatch 3.2.1 does work on FW 5.3.4, but none of the bundled patches do (only the ones attached here work). That also means that it won't show up in the device info.
Thank you very much IXTAB.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #1305
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Red face

Quote:

Thank you a lot, ixtab! You made a man's day much happier!
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks