Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
jbruun
jbruun began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M92
I was clumsy..

I'll try posting in the correct forum..

Hi, I dropped my fine, new M92 on the floor, and now it is broken. That is, 2/3 of the pixels do not work, but the screen still seems to respond to the pen.

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance and sorry for not introducing myself properly yet (will do it later today .

Jesper
jbruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruun View Post

Hi, I dropped my fine, new M92 on the floor, and now it is broken. That is, 2/3 of the pixels do not work, but the screen still seems to respond to the pen.

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance and sorry for not introducing myself properly yet (will do it later today .

Jesper
Not too many option here: Ebay or waste basket ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Sounds like you broke the screen. Can you post a pic?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Marrko
Marrko began at the beginning.

Device: eSlick
I think that you can send your Boox back to where you bought it to get a repair.
Marrko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruun View Post

Any recommendations?

Jesper
Hi,
where did you buy your M92?

Could you take a picture of your damage?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
I don't know if they are identcal, but the M90 and M92 screens are both listed by Onyx as being "Display Type: 9.7" E Ink® Vizplex® PEARL EPD display"

Onyx USA has M90 repair screen kits available due to a defect in some production runs. See here for details:
http://www.onyxboox.com/product_info.php?products_id=40

Emailing Mike Hu (USA distributor) might give you more info than I can give you. But Booxtor is right: it matters from whom you bought the device. They should be your primary source of info as to what options you have.

Last edited by SilverBear; 01-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote