Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #16
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
To be clear - the restrictions I mentioned above only apply to the initial set up program. You can read and buy books in Starbooks with no problem once the Vox is set up and running.

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #17
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
Agh,you had me worried!
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #18
DomG
DomG began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Hi! I just bought a new Vox tonight. At Futur Shop it did not want to connect to wifi, a password issue. Then i successfuly connected to 2 different food cores wi fi down town, and got the "Tablet Upgrade" error several times.

So if i understand correctly, the trick is be patient and keep trying? It's not necessarily a lemon?
DomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #19
tla4594
tla4594 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I received the Kobo Vox as a birthday gift last night, but have not yet been able to get past the upgrade. Like others who posted, I keep getting "An error occurred during image download?" I have a wireless connection at home, I also went to the a local coffee shop with wifi, and still no luck. If KoboJW is still around, I would be grateful for a way to get this done. Thanks.
tla4594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibronte View Post
Sounds like I won't be able to use the wifi at Starbucks, if this is the case. That's probably going to be a deal breaker for people if it can't be resolved.
I used it at Starbucks on Friday several times to try to troubleshoot a VPN connection problem with my provider...no problem at all connecting without VPN. Select the Starbucks server in Wireless and Networks, then go to the browser and login. It WORKS but only once you have set it up initially as KoboJW says above...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-13-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #21
DomG
DomG began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
I was finally successfull at upgrading the vox! It took A LOT of patience and several different hot spot conections. I guess its a mater of finding the right hot spot, i went downtown, where i had access to several wifi hotspots in a small area.
Charge your battery overnight before you do that!
DomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #22
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Still here, will PM you...

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #23
mumsews
mumsews began at the beginning.

I am a new Vox owner who has hit a stall point ... I had to reset my router to a 13 char. p/w to get it, but at least I connected. It now seems to be stalled on the date time set up ... is it still doing the download? The screen is greyed out. How long does this stage take?
mumsews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #24
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Note that my router has a much longer than 13 character pass phrase and the Vox handled it just fine.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #25
mumsews
mumsews began at the beginning.

My problem was a low battery level. I stopped the process, turned it off, plugged it in and walked away for an hour. Tried again and things have been great all around!
mumsews is offline   Reply With Quote