Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #106
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
LoL at everyone waiting for the UPS guy!....
I'm waiting to see what brown can do for me.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #107
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
For those who bought one, please keep us posted , please ...

I do agree with WT Sharpe about the Kindle Fire. After being an owner of an iPad2 and works perfectly as PDF reader, because the size, not so sure why I would need a 7" tablet.

I am also happy with my current Kindle 3G and the buttons are also a nice bonus. So that's another thing that I would like to think about it. I would like to know how it feels though, because weight is a huge factor on my ereader.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #108
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
For those who bought one, please keep us posted , please ...

I do agree with WT Sharpe about the Kindle Fire. After being an owner of an iPad2 and works perfectly as PDF reader, because the size, not so sure why I would need a 7" tablet.

I am also happy with my current Kindle 3G and the buttons are also a nice bonus. So that's another thing that I would like to think about it. I would like to know how it feels though, because weight is a huge factor on my ereader.
Actually, the smaller size of the Fire could be a selling point for me. It wouldn't replace the iPad for magazines and PDFs, but it might be wonderful for writing.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #109
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Actually, the smaller size of the Fire could be a selling point for me. It wouldn't replace the iPad for magazines and PDFs, but it might be wonderful for writing.
Did not understand that last comment. For writing? ... what you mean with that, like preparing kind of Word documents or similar?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #110
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Yes. It might be easier to hold while doing WP. I'll have to wait and see how working on documents feels on my grandson's KF. It might be too cramped. Then again, it might be just what the doctor ordered.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 09-29-2011 at 03:25 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #111
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Yes. It might be easier to hold while doing WP. I'll have to wait and see how working on documents feels on my grandson's KF. It might be too cramped. Then again, it might be just what the doctor ordered.
Ohh... ok, got it now.

Yes, iPad is too big. Unless is resting on my legs or tummy, it is difficult to type. However, my Mac air and other two laptops are for content creation. My iPad is basically for movies, magazines, occasional reading, so typing is not a huge issue.

But yes, that makes sense.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #112
apriluofa
eBook Addict
apriluofa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Kindle Touch Wi-Fi
Ordered mine yesterday afternoon:

Delivery estimate: Nov. 30, 2011 - Dec. 5, 2011
1 "Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display" (no ads)
apriluofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #113
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
They all look tasty, but for now I'll stick with my K2 K3 and iPad2. But anxiously awaiting hearing from those who buy them and tell us all how great they are. TECH ENVY!!! LOL
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #114
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm in for Fire!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #115
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
and no camera.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #116
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just ordered a Non Touch. I couldn't wait till December 05. I'm still getting the Touch for my birthday and will get a Fire for Christmas if they have them in stock.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #117
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just ordered a Non Touch. I couldn't wait till December 05. I'm still getting the Touch for my birthday and will get a Fire for Christmas if they have them in stock.
I'll just bet they will.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #118
LizzieB
LizzieB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle touch 3G
I ordered 1 touch 3G and 1 Fire. Can't wait!!!
LizzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #119
kennyc

Wow all these people with multi-reader orders!

What Would Bezos Think?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #120
rgodby
rgodby began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle3 3G
Ordered the basic $79 Kindle. Love my Kindle3 with 3G, but haven't used the 3G but once, and rarely use the keyboard. Any weight saving is a plus in my book. Pun intended.
rgodby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, android, fire, kindle