Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 03:28 AM   #1
pje39
pje39 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Help needed - New owner!

Hello All, I have just received my Sony PRS 505 and its a super bit of kit!
I have a problem though with transferring books from Adobe Digital Editions onto my reader.

I have transferred a book into ADE - I have put it into the folder called "PRS 505" - How do I transfer it to my reader?

It doesn't seem to want to drag and drop!

I would like to put the book into the sony elibrary and then onto my reader.

Please help me - I am not a techie so if you could make the answers easy to understand - thank you.
pje39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 AM   #2
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
I think you have to register your PRS 505 with ADE.
Personally, I don't do this. I use ineptepub (google it) on ePub ebooks I buy, and then transfer them to my prs 505, preferably after a conversion to lrf format which gives better results on my device.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:46 AM   #3
pje39

Thanks Kostas - how do I register my PRS 505 in ADE?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Check this out:
http://www.adobe.com/products/digita...er_sony_reader
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
pje39

Thanks again Kostas - but i think i have done that correctly - what i really want to know is how do i get the book from ADE into my reader?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
It sounds like you've already put the book on your Sony. If you drag the file from the All Items folder to the Sony PRS505 folder, you've copied the file to the Reader.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, pje39!

I'm afraid I can't help you with your Adobe file, I've never used them on my 700, but I wanted to give you a proper welcome to the forum. If you have other questions about your reader, don't hesitate to ask. As you can see, people here are happy to help. If you are looking for additional reading material, don't forget to check out all the free ebooks many of our members have created that are available for download in the lrf and epub format. Good luck with your reader.

Happy reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
pje39

thanks for all your help - i have now downloaded 3 books succesfully!

just one more question - how do i eject my ereader when in ADE - do i have to eject from my ebook library or do i just close ADE then disconnect the usb?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
You can close ADE and then remove the Reader.

If you want to be safe, you can use the Windows "disconnect" icon in the system tray.

Glad you figured out the transfer!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #10
pje39

thanks very much doreenjoy and everybody on here.

can the prs 505 take SDHC cards and what is the maximum size in gb of memory cards that it can take?