Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #76
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
FWIW: this is from a couple weeks ago - Curious - Calibre Install asks for a restart

I've installed a later version of calibre since then, did not get a restart needed popop, so it was a 'one off'. Very occasionally I have had installs of other programs do the same thing - I call them blue moon events.
Even so .... it asked, not forced. As I mentioned, I have occasionally seen Windows pop a reboot request after Sigil installs a new vc++ runtime (vs2013 to vs2015, 2015 to 2017, etc...) but it's been rare. And never "forced." The choice to cancel is always presented.

Quote:
Aside: I'm still using Sigil 0.9.13. Given 0.9.15 will be released soon, is there any reason I should not skip 0.9.14, there's nothing in it I need.
No. There will be no requirement to be at 0.9.14 when upgrading to 0.9.15, so if there's nothing in the bug-fixes or new features list that interests you, you can wait.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #77
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Even so .... it asked, not forced.
Quite. But, I can't recall if the default response was 'Yes' (restart now).

OT - I believe Windows 1903 lightens up on force feeding Home edition updates, i.e. they get some control over installs and restarts etc.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #78
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I didn't get a reboot (or even a prompt recommending a reboot) when installing 9.1.14. Windows 10 in 4 versions.
In response to a PM asking why I had 4 versions of Windows 10 for testing installs. The four versions where I tested the Sigil install were Windows 10 Insider Preview (18917), Windows 10 1903 Pro, Windows 10 1903 Pro Education and Windows 10 1809 LTSC. They are all virtual machines on my laptop. The first is to keep up with what is happening in Microsoft's future plans for Windows 10, the other three are for work related tasks. A simple snapshot, install and then restore snapshot keeps the images clean.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:47 AM   #79
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Thanks for continuing to improve Sigil - much appreciated.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #80
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
... and Windows 10 1809 LTSC.
Idle Curiosity asks - what do you use LTSC for - i.e. what sort of app?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:28 AM   #81
Norrin
Norrin began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
Hello folks,

I've a small bug with this following html-code:

<body class="c1">
<div>
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 924 1317" width="100%" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
<image height="1317" width="924" xlink:href="../Images/cover.jpg"/>
</svg>
</div>
</body>
</html>

In Sigil 0.9.10 I see the complete height of the cover.
In version 0.9.14 I see the complete width, same cover, same code.
What can I do? Is there a function in the new version I must activate or is it a bug in sigils program-code? This mistake came since 0.9.11 ...

Best regards
Norrin
Norrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:59 AM   #82
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Depends on the canvas.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:14 AM   #83
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin View Post
Hello folks,

I've a small bug with this following html-code:

<body class="c1">
<div>
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 924 1317" width="100%" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
<image height="1317" width="924" xlink:href="../Images/cover.jpg"/>
</svg>
</div>
</body>
</html>

In Sigil 0.9.10 I see the complete height of the cover.
In version 0.9.14 I see the complete width, same cover, same code.
What can I do? Is there a function in the new version I must activate or is it a bug in sigils program-code? This mistake came since 0.9.11 ...

Best regards
Norrin
Discussion in: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=315365&page=2 -- Starting at post #35.

The change in behavior took place in the newer version of QtWebKit included with Sigil 0.9.11. And it continues in QtWebEngine. If we can get them to fix it (or if we can patch it) we will. But there's nothing to be done for it in the meantime.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #84
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Idle Curiosity asks - what do you use LTSC for - i.e. what sort of app?

BR
LTSC is the long term servicing channel variant so it does not update to the latest variant (1903 at present) as would a semi-annual channel install. Microsoft supports it for 10 years and for some uses where you do not want changes in features and functionality that might break anything, it's a good fit.

We have a couple of door security systems that are one step up from embedded systems and run specialized software. The first time one of them updated from the RTM version of Windows 10, things broke horribly so we switched to LTSB. We are ready to update to the latest LTSC as recommended by the software supplier (actually, running LTSB 1607 for several years but will be updating to LTSC 1809 over the summer).

See LTSC: What is it, and when should it be used? for more info.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-21-2019 at 01:13 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:14 AM   #85
asleyam
Enthusiast
asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle voyage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Looking more closely the alternating colours are all in Tables/TreeViews, etc.

<snip>
In a stylesheet you should look to change or add the "alternate-background-color" property for QTableView, QTableWidget, QTreeView, and QTreeWidget.

See https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/stylesheet-reference.html for more details.

Hope this helps.

KevinH
Thanks, I added the alternate color to the qt stylesheet. I decided on #232629 and the result is kinder to my eyes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	background alternate.png
Views:	143
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	172603  
asleyam is offline   Reply With Quote