Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-19-2019, 05:09 AM   #91
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
0.9.12 is ready, as well. I was just waiting to make sure there were no big issues reported with the main release.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:30 AM   #92
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
0.9.12 is ready, as well. I was just waiting to make sure there were no big issues reported with the main release.

Tried that and all good. except this problem with the Kindlegen plugin, which I reported :

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
when I tried to run Kindlegen 0.53, which was working fine in Sigil 0.9.10, I get this error
Doitsu came up with a fix:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
This problem is most likely caused by the legacy installer, because the plugin failed to import the PIL library, which should be bundled with Sigil. (The plugin works fine with the 64bit version.)

As a workaround comment out (or delete) the following sections from the code:
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:04 PM   #93
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Similar/same issue with InsertImageSVG plugin:

First this,
Quote:
Cannot import PIL library

PIL not found
And then when I close the plugin window, Sigil crashes.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #94
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. I imagine any plugin that uses PIL will fail spectacularly on XP with Legacy Sigil 0.9.12. I'll take a look at it when I can. No need to report each one as you run into them.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #95
AlanHK
Guru

So I will revert to .9.10 in the meantime.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:11 PM   #96
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

OK. I backed off a couple of versions on the PIL module that was being distributed in the 0.9.12 installer and it seems to work OK now with the plugins you mentioned that weren't working. Feel free to re-download the installer and have a go.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:22 PM   #97
AlanHK
Guru

Quote:
OK. I backed off a couple of versions on the PIL module that was being distributed in the 0.9.12 installer and it seems to work.
Both Kindlegen and InsertImageSVG now working as normal.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #98
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

No problem.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:23 AM   #99
Reziac
Reziac began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just another thank you for keeping the XP flame alive!

[BTW there's a guy doing the same for browser binaries.]
Reziac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:02 AM   #100
AlanHK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
[BTW there's a guy doing the same for browser binaries.]
Where can I find those? Firefox gave up on XP a few months ago.

More on topic, Calibre gave up years ago. I think 1.48 was the last XP compatible one.

Last edited by AlanHK; 02-25-2019 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:10 AM   #101
Reziac

Quote:
Where can I find those? Firefox gave up on XP a few months ago.
Here ya go:
http://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/
Weekly updates, so sub to the RSS feed to get notified.

I've been using his XP'd PaleMoon and Borealis (just unzip and use, no need to install) when I need something 'fresh', and sure hope when SeaMonkey gives XP the boot that he'll pick it up too.

Unfortunately the Borealis people asked him to remove his XP'ized version of that. (It's basically FF60 in a Palemoon wrapper.) Basilisk is sorta Palemoon in a FF suit (ugh).

Quote:
More on topic, Calibre gave up years ago. I think 1.48 was the last XP compatible one.
[checking] I'm way behind that, I've got 0.8.48.0 installed. The interface gives me hives, so I mostly avoid it. Wish someone would fork it into sanity. (Not me, not a coder.)
Old 03-01-2019, 06:14 AM   #102
AlanHK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Here ya go:
The interface gives me hives, so I mostly avoid it. Wish someone would fork it into sanity.
I rarely use the main program.
With the Sigil plugin for Kindlegen, I can make files for my Kindle all inside Sigil now.

But the calibre modules are exe files, you can make icons for them as separate apps or run them commandline. I use ebook-convert, ebook-edit, ebook-viewer without having to let calibre itself make copies of all my files and mess with them.

Last edited by AlanHK; 03-01-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:58 AM   #103
Reziac

Quote:
But the calibre modules are exe files, you can make icons for them as separate apps or run them commandline. I use ebook-convert, ebook-edit, ebook-viewer without having to let calibre itself make copies of all my files and mess with them.
Good tip, thanks! I hadn't realised they'd run as standalones. Yeah, its copy-and-mess habit annoys me no end.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:46 PM   #104
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

The legacy version of Sigil 0.9.13 is now available. See the link in the first post of this thread.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:15 AM   #105
AlanHK
Guru

Quote:
The legacy version of Sigil 0.9.13 is now available.
Thanks.
Upgraded with no issues (so far).