Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 03:32 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
User content disappears on Tolino Page?

Not sure what I did, but I read in the Tolino Shine manual that you could do screen grabs simply by holding the power button until the shut off menu comes up then choosing screenshot. So I tried it on the Tolino Page. Worked fine. Downloaded a couple screenshots to my computer ... unplugged the USB cable and ... everything (except the screenshots and my browser bookmarks were gone). All books, all images from the Thalia in the "suggested buying" section, my custom fonts, my Adobe login ... all of it, just gone. (I just realized, I probably lost my dictionaries also. Drat, not sure where I found the Latin dictionary.)

I was in the middle of a library book, so the first thing I did was see if I could download it again. That worked (after logging into my Adobe account) and it shows the right number of days left. Now I'm afraid to do whatever I did ... but I don't know what it was ... maybe I forgot to eject the Page before pulling the cable? Seems kind of drastic. I hope it wasn't something to do with the screen grab feature.

Has anyone ever had a Tolino do this to them? (In the future I'll back everything up.)

(I should mention ... it did keep My Notes, so I've got some highlights from books that are no longer there.)

Last edited by rcentros; 12-01-2018 at 03:37 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:56 AM   #2
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I hope it wasn't something to do with the screen grab feature.

I don't think it has anything to do with screenshots. I did tons of them during writing reviews without any problems like Yours.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:36 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with screenshots. I did tons of them during writing reviews without any problems like Yours.
I'm guessing you're right. I think I must have pulled the USB cable before ejecting the Reader.

But what's really weird is that, when I reloaded the AndikaInk font, my library came back (that was the font I was using with it). Not only did it come back, but it had saved my location? Now I have the same library book twice, one using the Publisher default font, the other AndikaInk. Both show 11 days left on the loan. I'm wondering what other books will show up when I start reinstalling the other fonts? Once I get this book read, I think I'll probably reset to factory default and re-setup this Reader. I've obviously (somehow) corrupted the memory. This reminds me a little of what folks have reported has been happening with their Nook Glowlight Pluses and 3s.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-01-2018 at 04:39 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote