Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-19-2016, 01:35 AM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Nook Glowlight Plus and Calibre

My wife has a Nook Glowlight Plus that I manage with Calibre.

Something has happened in the last month which makes Calibre take FOREVER to scan all the books on the device. I had Barnes and Noble swap out the device, and things improved. I move over about 40 books to the device. Today I plug it in to sync over 3 books and Calibre is saying the scan of the device is going to take well over an hour. It takes a full minute to move from Waiting to 1% and another minute to move to 2%. At this rate, that's an hour and forty minutes.

I quit out of Calibre and copied the books over manually. Is anyone else experiencing these kids of issues with Calibre?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
Sandwich
Sandwich began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Just noticed this is happening to me too, when connected via the USB cable. Then I tried connecting the NGP as a Wireless Device (using Calibre Companion which I sideloaded), and that seems to work fine.
Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #3
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Set up an Adobe Digital Editions account on the nook and this problem goes away.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook glowlight plus