Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-07-2018, 09:11 PM   #1
nodev
nodev began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw2,kindle pw1
Unresponsive touchscreen after debrig via serial

Hello,

I bought a used kindle pw2 with a software issue and the followed the debrick instructions provided by Tobias Wooldridge https://gist.github.com/TobiasWooldr...ca75190b9a473f. My main goal was to get a clean firmware install on a version that can be jailbroken. I was successfull but now my touchscreen is unresponsive. I know that the screen worked before i started the recovery. Now my question is there some known issue about my problem?
nodev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodev View Post
Hello,

I bought a used kindle pw2 with a software issue and the followed the debrick instructions provided by Tobias Wooldridge https://gist.github.com/TobiasWooldr...ca75190b9a473f. My main goal was to get a clean firmware install on a version that can be jailbroken. I was successfull but now my touchscreen is unresponsive. I know that the screen worked before i started the recovery. Now my question is there some known issue about my problem?
Other than the firmware listed as part of that link is for a different model Kindle than yours, nothing.

PS: We barely have the time to support our own work here, if you have problems with the directions found at a different site, you should ask for (and get) your support from that other site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote