Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #31
mimbel
mimbel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
I have not this line and option

Envoyé de mon ONE+A2005 en utilisant Tapatalk
mimbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #32
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
You need to add the line "FullScreenReading=true" to "[FeatureSettings]".
If you don't have "[FeatureSettings]" in the conf file you add it too.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true

Last edited by oren64; 03-17-2017 at 06:16 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #33
Imprevist
Imprevist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Voyage
What to do if I get error message?

4. In Windows double-click 4.3.8945.bat; For Linux/Mac open a terminal, change to the patch_kobo_4038945/ subdirectory, and run ./4.3.8945.sh from the command line.

Hello, new to this forum. I am having trouble when I double-click the 4.3.8945.bat, I get an error message. Am I doing something wrong? Everything else seemed pretty straight forward. Would appreciate any help, thanks.

I am using a Glo HD with the 4.3.8945 software already installed. Working with Windows PC.
Imprevist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #34
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprevist View Post
I am having trouble when I double-click the 4.3.8945.bat, I get an error message. Am I doing something wrong?
Does the message say something apart from "error"?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #35
Imprevist

Error: Cannot find C:users/appdata/local/temp/temp1_patch_kobo_4038945.zip/patch_kobo_4038945/4.3.8945_source
press any key to continue
Advert
Old 03-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Error: Cannot find C:users/appdata/local/temp/temp1_patch_kobo_4038945.zip/patch_kobo_4038945/4.3.8945_source
press any key to continue
That's not correct at all. It looks like you download the ZIP file to explorer and then ran the BAT file from there. You have to download the ZIP file and then unzip the zip file. Also, you need to download the firmware file for your device and put the firmware zip file in the source directory

Once you've looked at the patch files configured as you want, then you run the BAT file.

One thing though, try another sync and see if you get the latest firmware as once you do this, you'll have to redo it again for the new firmware once you do get it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #37
Imprevist

Excuse my ignorance but I clicked the downloaded patch zip, opened it and tried to double click the .bat file from there which resulted in the error message. Is there another way to unzip? Also, I already have the current software on my kobo, should I still download the firmware again and place it in the folder? Thanks again, I appreciate the help.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but I clicked the downloaded patch zip, opened it and tried to double click the .bat file from there which resulted in the error message. Is there another way to unzip? Also, I already have the current software on my kobo, should I still download the firmware again and place it in the folder? Thanks again, I appreciate the help.
You do not have the latest firmware. he latest firmware is 4.3.8966.

You are not properly unzipping the ZIP file. You need to copy the directory in the ZIP file to someplace on your hard drive. Then you can use Windows Explorer to double click the .bat file. But you cannot do so from within the ZIP file.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #39
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You need to follow the instructions in post #1, extract the folder "patch_kobo_4038945" from the patch_kobo_4038945.zip, and copy the firmware file to the source folder, than use the bat file.

Last edited by oren64; 03-27-2017 at 04:37 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #40
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You should extract the downloaded patch_kobo_4038945.zip instead of opening it, I think on Windows you can usually right click on the .zip file and select "extract all" or something like that.

You always need to download the firmware .zip file too, the reason is that the patch script can't access the firmware files that are already on the device, so it has to patch a few of the files from the downloaded firmware instead, and then install the patched files to overwrite the original unpatched ones. Just make sure the firmware version you download is exactly the same version as the one that is already on your device.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:45 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

@Imprevist use the following link to download the firmware for your Kobo. This way you won't need to know which mark version it is.

https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Old 03-28-2017, 10:28 AM   #42
Imprevist

Thanks

Finally figured it out. Thank you all for your help. These patches are great and really make a difference.

Last edited by Imprevist; 03-28-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: misspell