Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #121
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
She's getting old?? (sorry, I don't have one. I'm just an eaves dropper here.)
lol I thought the same thing too. She has like several microphones on top. I think the hair might have been interfering some how.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #122
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Mine's working great. No problems.

I find it funny how literal she is. When I asked for Moon River, she responded with Moon River by Henry Mancini and his Orch (rhymes with porch)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #123
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay I just got a red ring instead of blue and she said Sorry I'm having trouble understanding right now. Try again later
Old 03-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #124
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay I just got a red ring instead of blue and she said Sorry I'm having trouble understanding right now. Try again later
How thick is your southern accent? Alexa is a Yankee
Old 03-05-2015, 01:16 AM   #125
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I'm from St Louis. I have no accent. She worked fine til today.
Advert
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #126
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
How's it working today?
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #127
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
How's it working today?
She seems to be okay today. I guess she just had a bad day yesterday. I contacted Echo support and they just told me to recycle the power and I had already done that so I just left her along last night and this morning she has been okay so far no bugginess.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #128
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Who's ready for Amazon Echo w/ Firefly? Seven always on cameras surrounding the outside ring ready to identify you and what activities you're engaged in.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #129
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
She seems to be okay today. I guess she just had a bad day yesterday. I contacted Echo support and they just told me to recycle the power and I had already done that so I just left her along last night and this morning she has been okay so far no bugginess.
That's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Who's ready for Amazon Echo w/ Firefly? Seven always on cameras surrounding the outside ring ready to identify you and what activities you're engaged in.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:44 AM   #130
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I need to call Amazon customer service about the echo apps on my fires (HD6 and HDX 8.9") not being connected any more to my echo. The one oneline works fine (echo.amazon.com). On the HDX in the app, when I got to music library it says I have nothing and do I want to connect to a device. I tried connecting through that but it didn't take. It was asking me to see the orange ring around the echo, as if the echo were new, but that did not happen. I'm using it mainly with the voice commands since this stopped working, or with my laptop internet connection (also bluetooth with my laptop).
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #131
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
I need to call Amazon customer service about the echo apps on my fires (HD6 and HDX 8.9") not being connected any more to my echo. The one oneline works fine (echo.amazon.com). On the HDX in the app, when I got to music library it says I have nothing and do I want to connect to a device. I tried connecting through that but it didn't take. It was asking me to see the orange ring around the echo, as if the echo were new, but that did not happen. I'm using it mainly with the voice commands since this stopped working, or with my laptop internet connection (also bluetooth with my laptop).
I'd try to clear the data of the app then start over and see if it connects.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #132
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
I haven't used the Echo app for quite some time, as I usually tell the device what to play.

Your problem prompted me to check the Echo app on my Acer Android tablet and Fire HD6. The app on my tablet was fine, but the HD6 app had "forgotten" my Echo. I wonder if this is related to the recent Fire 4.5.3 update?

First, I tried to "Set up a new Echo." The orange light never came on per instructions. I then unplugged/replugged the device and tried setup again. Nothing. So then I tried Blossom's suggestion to clear app data, and it worked! I didn't even have to go through setup within the app.

To clear app data, swipe down from the top edge of the main screen to access Settings > Applications > Manage All Applications > Echo. Click on Clear Data (ignore the dire warning). Everything should be fine when you go into the Echo app again.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 03-06-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:07 PM   #133
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Your problem prompted me to check the Echo app on my Acer Android tablet and Fire HD6. The app on my tablet was fine, but the HD6 app had "forgotten" my Echo. I wonder if this is related to the recent Fire 4.5.3 update?
Same here. Works on everything except my two Fire Tabs. Cleared the data and all is well.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #134
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

I just received this email from the Amazon Echo team:

Quote:
Whatever your interest, Echo has got something for you this week...

Scores and Schedules -- We heard your feedback that you'd like sports scores and schedules, and we wanted to let you know that Echo can now tell you the results of your favorite team's last game as well as the time and date of its next one. To give it a try, simply say, "Alexa, who won the Chicago Bulls game?" or "Alexa, when do the Detroit Red Wings play next?" Echo supports the NBA and NHL -- with the NFL, MLB, MLS, NCAA basketball, and others soon to follow!

Star Trek -- Are you more science fiction than sports fan? Try "Alexa, live long and prosper" for a few responses that might be more your (warp) speed.
I also noticed this morning that Echo's software had updated to version 2332. When did that happen? To check the software version of your device, open the Echo app > Swipe from left side of screen or click on the three lines in upper left to access Settings > Click on the name of your Echo (if it's not listed there, see my last post) > Scroll down to Echo Software Version
Old 03-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #135
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
To give it a try, simply say, "Alexa, who won the Chicago Bulls game?" or "Alexa, when do the Detroit Red Wings play next?"
...or "Alexa, when will you add Audible?" or "Alexa, when will you add Prime Stations?"

Quote:
Star Trek -- Are you more science fiction than sports fan? Try "Alexa, live long and prosper" for a few responses that might be more your (warp) speed.
Alexa knows what 42 is

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-06-2015 at 03:35 PM.