Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2019, 06:29 AM   #1
alexcomp
alexcomp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Question Great Program but how do I start auto with W10?

I've looked and looked but don't see where to make Calibre start automatically.
alexcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:45 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try this
  • winKey+R
  • type shell:startup
  • press enter
  • a folder will open, something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind ows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
  • put a copy of the calibre shortcut into that folder
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:35 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Hmm
that is something else I never got around to after changing PC. i just have calibre always running and use sleep not shutdown, overnight.

maybe folks could request as a new feature, the option which many programs have of tick a box to say "start with windows", or some such
i have no idea how simple that is to implement though

Last edited by stumped; 02-09-2019 at 08:00 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #4
alexcomp

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Try this
  • winKey+R
  • type shell:startup
  • press enter
  • a folder will open, something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind ows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
  • put a copy of the calibre shortcut into that folder
BR
I'd forgotten how to do this but the reason is almost every program like this I've dealt with will usually have a setting that will allow the program to be set to start auto. How about this Kovid?
Old 02-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
alexcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Hmm
that is something else I never got around to after changing PC. i just have calibre always running and use sleep not shutdown, overnight.

maybe folks could request as a new feature, the option which many programs have of tick a box to say "start with windows", or some such
i have no idea how simple that is to implement though
I guess that's the reason I couldn't find the setting. It isn't there<G>.
Making a request for a setting under preferences to start program when W starts...
Old 02-09-2019, 03:19 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
It was much simpler in windows 7 ,to find where to put startup entries.
But as already said. I struggle to think of another program that does not have a start with windows option or run as service option . Especially programs with a server component .e.g. Plex, serviio.. It is standard to have those run at startup

But the stress of having to manually start it is very much a first world problem,. If Kovid has more pressing enhancements to work on
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:01 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...719a9e76a77c01
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto start