Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2015, 03:48 AM   #1
biblioeteca
biblioeteca began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
USBID list?

Hello all,

I'm working on creating an application able to see any ereader connected to a computer, do you know if there are a list of USB ID (VENDOR ID : DEVICE ID) for kobo ereaders?

biblioeteca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by biblioeteca View Post
I'm working on creating an application able to see any ereader connected to a computer, do you know if there are a list of USB ID (VENDOR ID : DEVICE ID) for kobo ereaders?
You could download calibre's latest sourcecode and have a look at the various driver.py files in the device subdirectories within \src\calibre\devices

My sourcecode copy isn't up-to-date but its kobo\driver.py shows
Code:
    VENDOR_ID           = [0x2237]
    BCD                 = [0x0110, 0x0323, 0x0326]
    ORIGINAL_PRODUCT_ID = [0x4165]
    WIFI_PRODUCT_ID     = [0x4161, 0x4162]
    PRODUCT_ID          = ORIGINAL_PRODUCT_ID + WIFI_PRODUCT_ID
Is that the sort of info you're looking for?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
biblioeteca
biblioeteca began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you,

I'll look at these files and try to "decode" to create the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You could download calibre's latest sourcecode and have a look at the various driver.py files in the device subdirectories within \src\calibre\devices

My sourcecode copy isn't up-to-date but its kobo\driver.py shows
Code:
    VENDOR_ID           = [0x2237]
    BCD                 = [0x0110, 0x0323, 0x0326]
    ORIGINAL_PRODUCT_ID = [0x4165]
    WIFI_PRODUCT_ID     = [0x4161, 0x4162]
    PRODUCT_ID          = ORIGINAL_PRODUCT_ID + WIFI_PRODUCT_ID
Is that the sort of info you're looking for?
biblioeteca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm not sure what there is to decode. The vendor id is there and it is the same for all Kobo ereaders. The product ids are there for two of the models. There are a lot more models. They are defined in a subclass that is in the same source file that jackie_w referred to.

And as I have seen your other posts for similar details, all of the ereaders that calibre supports are defined in a similar way. Under the devices directory, there is a directory for each brand. Within that, is usually a driver.py. This can have or more classes for the models from the brand. Each class will have the list of vendor ids and product ids that he driver/class support.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote