Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-08-2020, 04:35 AM   #16
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is a feedback link on every page of the store. There are several links behind that to report different problems.
David, I'm not sure what to say. I have never seen a feedback link. It doesn't appear to be there anymore. That's why I keep hoping somebody knows where Kobo has buried it. If it's there, it isn't out in the open. What is it called? Maybe I'm looking right past it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
If you’re using an Adblock extension such as ublock the feedback thing may be blocked. This was the case some years ago it might have changed but I’d be surprised if it had.
That was a good suggestion, so I turned off my Adblocker, but on or off, there is no feedback link. It looks like Kobo has removed it, or, more likely, moved it.

There is a link to Kobo Help, but it is a collections of FAQs with no contact link provided.

~Dˢ
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:36 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
David, I'm not sure what to say. I have never seen a feedback link. It doesn't appear to be there anymore. That's why I keep hoping somebody knows where Kobo has buried it. If it's there, it isn't out in the open. What is it called? Maybe I'm looking right past it.

That was a good suggestion, so I turned off my Adblocker, but on or off, there is no feedback link. It looks like Kobo has removed it, or, more likely, moved it.

There is a link to Kobo Help, but it is a collections of FAQs with no contact link provided.
For the record, I am very unlikely to make a claim like in my second post without first checking. And if I couldn't for some reason, I would usually add a qualifier to that affect. Exactly where and how the link has been presented has changed a few time, and looking at the options behind both the feedback button and the help, they have changed as well. "Feedback" is against the right-hand edge of every page in the store. It floats as I scroll in the page. You can see it in the attached screenshot. That is from Chrome, but I can see it with other browsers.

Within the help pages, I see a "Help" or "Chat" button in the bottom right corner. Exactly which is used depends on the page. My memory says there was a more obvious link to a page to submit a problem or suggestion, but, I don't see it right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboStoreHomePage.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	179776  
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #18
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the record, I am very unlikely to make a claim like in my second post without first checking. And if I couldn't for some reason, I would usually add a qualifier to that affect.
Oh, I believe you, but neither Mac Safari or Chrome show the buttons on the front page like you showed in your thumbnail. I did find the feedback button when I went into Trending Now in Chrome. In Safari, the entire header graphic was missing, not just the feedback button. It turns out that despite pausing the adblocker in Safari (and reloading the page), I needed to disable the extension entirely for the feedback button to show up! I've never had a web element be blocked when Ghostery was paused before. Very odd. But, mystery solved. Thanks for showing me where to look for it. I mean, it's big and blue and hard to miss, but still, knowing where it should be proved to be helpful.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:54 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Oh, I believe you, but neither Mac Safari or Chrome show the buttons on the front page like you showed in your thumbnail. I did find the feedback button when I went into Trending Now in Chrome. In Safari, the entire header graphic was missing, not just the feedback button. It turns out that despite pausing the adblocker in Safari (and reloading the page), I needed to disable the extension entirely for the feedback button to show up! I've never had a web element be blocked when Ghostery was paused before. Very odd. But, mystery solved. Thanks for showing me where to look for it. I mean, it's big and blue and hard to miss, but still, knowing where it should be proved to be helpful.
With Firefox, I have both Ad Block Plus and Ghostry running and I do see the feedback button on the right of the window.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:37 AM   #20
Kicweed
Kicweed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Update

As an update, I've performed a factory reset on my device and re-added the books I had previously. It works as expected now, new annotations are saved. I still don't have any idea why it happened in the first place and what I should avoid to make it happen again in the future.

To me it seems clear that there is a need for better annotations functionality on reading devices. People have said so on this and other threads and the Annotations plugin thread is constantly busy with questions, ideas and development. There is a big itch there that needs to be scratched.

How do people here feel it would be the best way to express this need towards Kobo? I might have my own ideas as to what I'd like to see on my Forma, but my own, isolated ideas don't matter much. I'd like to come up with a way to express this towards Kobo in a way that will be taken into account. Maybe something like a petition by the MobileRead Forums? Express the general need and leave it to Kobo for the implementation.
Kicweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert