Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 12:45 AM   #31
binaryhermit
Addict
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
I'm surprised you feel that way, I mean, you seemed to want to upgrade.

But I'm sure your wallet thanks you.
binaryhermit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:09 AM   #32
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
So, I left the store empty-handed. I think I've scratched my itch and it went away. :-) Maybe the PW5 will tempt me again next year and then I'll be glad that I held out for some new feature.
The last time I went to Best Buy all I could do on the PW4 is look at it the demo mode. They didn't let you do any real testing at all. That was in Texas, I'm now in Idaho — maybe it's different here.

Congratulations on the will power. I need to see if I can find some of that.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:28 AM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
But you seem to have a Kobo Glo HD? That device should have a good screen, or so I've heard.
Does nothing for Kindle Unlimited books Good for Overdrive Library books though. It's a nice device but it's not compatible with Kindle system. So I have to sideload a book if I want to read it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:34 AM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Yeah, I seem to remember you being one of the people who was in the running for the most returns trying to get a good one. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Maybe I should take mine to BestBuy and look at them side-by-side.
On Kindle 4 grey and a few Kindle Fires this happened but I never exchange my PW1. It didn't have the color blobs till a few years later it develop discoloration. It's also has two small pinholes though. I use to read on my Fire phone but alas it can no longer handle the vast library of books I own, it gets stuck syncing neither can my older Fires. No solution for those devices. K3 has no problem though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:10 AM   #35
newkindlefun
Connoisseur
newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.newkindlefun can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen (2015)
I sold my one year old Paperwhite 3 for 90 dollars and bought a new Paperwhite 4 for 100 dollars on sale. I'm not usually one who suffers for new things, but I figured that the 10 dollar difference for a new device, new warranty, couldn't be beat.
newkindlefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #36
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The two main reasons to upgrade would be to either have a larger screen or more storage space. If you don't need either of those, you may as well stick with your current reader.
And much better software and waterproof for reading in the tub.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote