Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2019, 09:02 AM   #1
the_callant
Connoisseur
the_callant has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad Air/PRS-T1/Kindle PW/Kindle Voyage
Missing Books on Voyage

I use Calibre to sideload ebooks to my Kindles. I have a voyage and a PW. I have loaded some books, all by the same author, onto my Voyage. When I disconnect my voyage, the books initially appear in the library, and then disappear. Loading the same books on to my PW is successful and they stay available.
I have accessed my voyage via windows explorer, and the books are present in the Voyage's memory. The voyage has the latest firmware. Since I am not having a problem with the PW I suspect that this is a voyage issue and not Calibre.
Any ideas or suggestions as to the cause and solution would be welcomed.
the_callant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Check to see if they are still being indexed. That's the usual cause of such issues.

To check:

1. Go to the library screen.
2. Enter a string of random characters in the search book and tap the search button.
3. When the search results page comes up, if the "Text in Books" tab is active, tap it, and it'll show you how many books are not yet indexed.

Keep your Kindle connected to external power until indexing is complete.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
the_callant
Connoisseur
the_callant has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad Air/PRS-T1/Kindle PW/Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Check to see if they are still being indexed. That's the usual cause of such issues.

To check:

1. Go to the library screen.
2. Enter a string of random characters in the search book and tap the search button.
3. When the search results page comes up, if the "Text in Books" tab is active, tap it, and it'll show you how many books are not yet indexed.

Keep your Kindle connected to external power until indexing is complete.
Tried these steps and the books are still missing. I have loaded additional books, and they are showing up. The "Text in Books" tab is now greyed out. Calibre still shows the missing books as being loaded on the voyage.
So changed tack. I found I had two author folders, one was listed as normal the other had an underscore after the middle initial. Most of the books were in the underscore directory, but the book showing was in the normal one. I first closed Calibre, then using win explorer deleted both the normal and underscore directories. Then restarted calibre, and reloaded all the authors books back on the voyage. Now they are all visible, but I have one author directory now.
It looks as if the problem may have been the two almost identically named author directories, and the voyage could only handle one or the other. Interestingly, the new directory on the kindle has the underscore and I'm not sure where that came from.
the_callant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voyage