Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Synching between devices

I currently read books on my Android phone, my PRS-300 and my old Dell Axim X51v. I mainly use my Sony Reader at home, but when I'm away I usually use my Android phone. I want to be able to sync pages between devices rather than just read different books on each device.

I've read on these forums that Kindle's WhisperSync is not working properly right now. But I've also read that you can sideload your own books in the Kindle and Kindle for Android app.

B&N claims the Nook has the capability, but I haven't read anything about it on these forums whether it works correctly. I've also read you can't sideload the Nook for Android app. I would rather have a Nook, but that would be a deal breaker.

Are there any more options out there? Has anyone hacked the Sony Readers to do it?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If your devices allow you to maintain your "book" library on external media, like SD or
other Flash media, you may be able to create and maintain a master folder on your PC
and use the free "SyncToy" from Microsoft. I find it easy to keep SD Cards in sync with
a folder on my PC, for 2ea 5-inch Ectaco Jetbook Lites and my 3.5-inch Pocket PC
PDA/GPS.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert