Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #16
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
You can get pre-built CoolReader CSS files, for use in the /crengine folder, for EPUB, FB2, HTM, RTF, and TXT from the sourceforge repository. The container file is a .tar.gz format, so Windows users can open it with something like 7ZIP.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...ar.gz/download
So if I download this what do I do with it? Put it in the Coolreader CSS folder or something? Sorry, total idiot here when it comes to this stuff.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:46 AM   #17
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
So if I download this what do I do with it? Put it in the Coolreader CSS folder or something? Sorry, total idiot here when it comes to this stuff.
Put them in the /crengine folder.

There is debate whether they will help yew if yew don't know how to write CSS. I have been pondering uploading some of my own modifications to the files here. But because everyone likes things different when they read, I am not sure what use it would be.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #18
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Put them in the /crengine folder.

There is debate whether they will help yew if yew don't know how to write CSS. I have been pondering uploading some of my own modifications to the files here. But because everyone likes things different when they read, I am not sure what use it would be.
As DaleDe has pointed out previously, there is a whole list of the CSS settings that CoolReader can use on our Wiki here. However, the CoolReader 3.0.2.6 that I am using has 3 top level pages of options settings with several multipage sub-level settings. There is probably enough there to accomplish what most folks would want without having to learn to write CSS?
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok thanks. I will just try it out and see how it goes. Still gotta put the new firmware on there.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:30 AM   #20
Laura81
Addict

I just tried to put the new firmware on my PP but it came up saying it couldn't find it... anyone got any clues?
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 03:39 AM   #21
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just tried to put the new firmware on my PP but it came up saying it couldn't find it... anyone got any clues?
Usually that means that your SD card is unreadable by the bootloader in the PocketPRO. It can sometimes happen that a card that the firmware can read fine will have problems for the bootloader because the bootloader itself is much more primitive than the full SD card software in the firmware itself. In that case, it is sometimes helpful to do a FULL reformat of the SD card with a formatting tool like this one from SDcard association. For Windows only:

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

It could also mean that you forgot to remove the firmware from the archive.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:01 AM   #22
Laura81
Addict

Nah, I un-rar'ed it. It's the same SD card I used to update from previously but I guess it just doesn't want to play this time. Just arrived at work now so when I get home I'll try reformatting it and see what happens. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #23
Laura81
Addict

Quote:
It doesn't support Windows 7 which is what I'm running. I'll try to find something else that will do the job.

Ok, it's really easy on Windows 7 - it actually has a formatting program with it. Anyway... guessing I format it to FAT and not FAT32 or NTFS?

Last edited by Laura81; 04-10-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #24
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
It doesn't support Windows 7 which is what I'm running. I'll try to find something else that will do the job.

Ok, it's really easy on Windows 7 - it actually has a formatting program with it. Anyway... guessing I format it to FAT and not FAT32 or NTFS?
PocketPRO should work with FAT32, but FAT16(FAT) is always safe for an SD card less the 2GB in size. Make sure the format is a FULL format (whatever Win7) calls it, and not a FAST(QUICK) format. The should clear all the cards data and find any possibly bad bits on the card.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #25
Laura81
Addict

Well the reformatting didn't work... so I renamed the file what it was originally named and then it worked. I guess it has to be named the original name or something whereas I had renamed it to add April in the name of it.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #26
Laura81
Addict

Well got it upgraded, put the fb2 on the end of my epub and opened it... not happy. The lines are all squished together, no spacing, etc. And I tried to set the settings in the coolreader, changed the font type, the size, etc but the settings didn't seem to take and when I re-opened the document all the settings had reverted back to what they were originally. I must be doing something wrong...
Old 04-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #27
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Well the reformatting didn't work... so I renamed the file what it was originally named and then it worked. I guess it has to be named the original name or something whereas I had renamed it to add April in the name of it.
Wish you had mentioned renaming the file right away.

Of course it cannot find the file if the name is changed.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #28
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Well got it upgraded, put the fb2 on the end of my epub and opened it... not happy. The lines are all squished together, no spacing, etc. And I tried to set the settings in the coolreader, changed the font type, the size, etc but the settings didn't seem to take and when I re-opened the document all the settings had reverted back to what they were originally. I must be doing something wrong...
EPUB almost always has it owns CSS embedded in the EPUB file. If the EPUB CSS files exists, CoolReader will use that instead of what you select. If you want CoolReader to use your style settings instead of the style settings in the EPUB's CSS file then go to page two in CoolReader's settings menu while you have the book in question open. On that page turn OFF "Preformatted Text" and "Document Embedded Styles". After you exit the book and then reload the book again, CoolReader will ignore the CSS styles in the EPUB and use your style settings instead.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #29
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Just downloaded now, but haven't put it on my EZ reader yet. My reader is still charging... I'll post when I get to play with it...
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #30
Laura81
Addict

Quote:
Wish you had mentioned renaming the file right away.

Of course it cannot find the file if the name is changed.
Sorry Dave! Didn't realize that would matter. I know for the future now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave _S
EPUB almost always has it owns CSS embedded in the EPUB file. If the EPUB CSS files exists, CoolReader will use that instead of what you select. If you want CoolReader to use your style settings instead of the style settings in the EPUB's CSS file then go to page two in CoolReader's settings menu while you have the book in question open. On that page turn OFF "Preformatted Text" and "Document Embedded Styles". After you exit the book and then reload the book again, CoolReader will ignore the CSS styles in the EPUB and use your style settings instead.
Thanks again! I appreciate how helpful you are! I wish there was some way I could set up a CSS file with my preferences and it would always use that and always ignore anything else.

EDIT: Tried what you recommended above but it just keeps reverting back to the embedded style. That would probably be fine if this book had been formatted well but it hasn't been. Even in Adobe epub reader it sucks.

EDIT2: I finally got the book working how I want but honestly I still prefer the Adobe epub reader to coolreader. Maybe if coolreader would keep my settings it would be good but it won't.

Last edited by Laura81; 04-11-2010 at 01:48 AM.