Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
ojleblanc
Enthusiast
ojleblanc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Sony Reader
Newspapers on PRS-500 after update?

All, has anyone purchased a newspaper from the Sony Reader Store and successfully read it on their PRS-500 after the software update? I cannot find information on Sony's website with a clear answer.

Many thanks.
ojleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojleblanc View Post
All, has anyone purchased a newspaper from the Sony Reader Store and successfully read it on their PRS-500 after the software update? I cannot find information on Sony's website with a clear answer.
I've never used the Sony store for epubs but I do get two local papers and one national paper for my reader every day using the recipes in Calibre. You can see the basic format in the images I attached to this post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojleblanc View Post
I could be wrong but I believe purchasing newspapers through Sony is only available for PRS-900 users. If you want newspapers for your 500, you will have to use Calibre's recipes funtion.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #4
ojleblanc
Enthusiast
ojleblanc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Sony Reader
Thanks to both of you. I am aware of Calibre. I have it installed and have used it. But I was curious about the papers the Sony Reader store sales, just to see what it looked like on my PRS-500. I'll try to put the paper on my Reader via Calibre.
ojleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote