Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #21946
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well he has conceded now! Congratulations to all our friends in the USA.

Black coffee in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #21947
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Work is going to suck. One of my co-workers is a birther.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #21948
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well he has conceded now! Congratulations to all our friends in the USA.
We can breath a little easier now. At least Planned Parenthood, Roe vs Wade, and Social Security will stay in effect for the next four years. I don't know that the world will survive, what with the increasingly severe weather, but at least we won't have to hear about 'legitimate rape' any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Work is going to suck. One of my co-workers is a birther.
It amazes me that anyone can believe that someone can hold a position in higher levels of government without being completely and thoroughly vetted by the FBI, NSA, and a host of other investigatory services, before being permitted to hold office...

Well, now that the election is over, we can sit back and listen to the other side wail and moan for a few weeks. Me? I'm gonna drink a toast of Mango lassi to the success of another four years.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #21949
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
First thing I looked on my iPad at this morning was the news on the elections, that seems to be good.
In my cup: hot Rooibos vanilla spice
Eating: a bowl of cooked grated beetroot (from the 'green' shop). Well....it's food
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #21950
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finished a cup of Bossa Nova (Oolong with Vanilla) and getting ready for cup number 2.
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #21951
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Eating: a bowl of cooked grated beetroot (from the 'green' shop). Well....it's food
I love grated beetroot. And a Rooibos (unflavoured) in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #21952
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
First thing I looked on my iPad at this morning was the news on the elections, that seems to be good.
In my cup: hot Rooibos vanilla spice
Yep, the news is good this morning. Grated beetroot? Not so sure about that!

Black coffee in my cup. It's a cold and misty-moisty morning here.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #21953
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Nothing in my cup at the moment, but I thought I'd mention that I've often eaten cooked grated beetroot with great pleasure....

... as one ingredient of a chocolate cake.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #21954
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I love grated beetroot. And a Rooibos (unflavoured) in my cup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Grated beetroot? Not so sure about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Nothing in my cup at the moment, but I thought I'd mention that I've often eaten cooked grated beetroot with great pleasure....
... as one ingredient of a chocolate cake.
Ah..chocolate-cake. That would be something!
I am dieting a little, as I stuffed myself with chocolate, M&M's, Malteser's and the likes last sunday, during the new James Bond film Skyfall, which was excellent!

And, like Betty: not so sure about the beetroot.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #21955
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I am going to see Skyfall on Friday. I am a bit annoyed t have to wait when it has been released every where else in the world.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #21956
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
A non-political good morning to everyone. Wherever birthed.

Meanwhile, my Anniversary Breakfast Blend is gone, so I'm drinking Diet Coke right now. Bad.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #21957
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
And I just found out this contract is finishing up the end of the month. Sigh. It's been a pleasure working with this team (and this boss), and I HATE having to go find more work. Grump/grumble.

Heck with it, I'm taking the afternoon off, and I'll start with a cup of tea. Okayti Estate First Flush Darjeeling. Very aromatic, and a light liquor with strong floral notes. Finishes with a bit of tannin in the back of the mouth. All in all, exactly what I'd expect out of a First Flush Darjeeling, but unfortunately nothing particularly special. Eminently drinkable, but not special.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #21958
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm walkin' Yes indeed, I'm talkin' 'bout you and me,
I'm hopin' That you'll come back to me, yeah, yeah
I'm lonely Yes I can be, I'm waitin' For your company,
I'm hopin' That you'll come back to me
What you gonna do when the well runs dry? You gonna run away and hide I'm gonna run right by your side For you pretty baby I'll even die
I'm walkin' Yes indeed I'm talkin'
'bout you and me, I'm hopin' That you'll come back to me

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqs5gkyH930 )

I'm REALLY getting into this walking stuff! I'm even parking on the far side of parking lots just so that I have to do more walking when I'm doing chores requiring my bike!! It's nuts!

Good morning, everyone! Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea this morning, and a plate of olives, crab legs, and broccoli for breakfast. Then it's off for a fast 5k around the neighborhood. I've been asked to teach a weekly English Conversation Group for senior citizens being run by the local city Education board, and that starts this afternoon. One hour a week of just chatting, so very little prep work for me, and I always enjoy these sorts of classes. I learn so much, especially about Japanese culture and new places to go sight-seeing!

Then tonight, we are going into Kyoto for our Cha-no-yu tea ceremony with a Grand Master. That should be spectacular! We're planning to spend an hour meditating in one of the temple gardens near the Master's tea room before we go, just to shed some of the 'speed' of daily living before we go for the ceremony.

By the way, for those who have been curious about my references to Osaka and Kyoto, both are prefectures (think: States) and also both are cities. Just like "New York." My condo sits right on the street that forms the political/geographical border for the prefectures. One side of the street is Kyoto Prefecture, the other side of the street is Osaka Prefecture. When I say that I'm going to 'Osaka' or 'Kyoto,' I'm referring to the 'downtown' areas of those cities, (that I've marked with a red dot) both of which are about 25km from where I live.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KansaiMap1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	95717  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #21959
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Cranberry juice and water.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #21960
desertblues
Home for the moment

Hot coffee and a cracker with humus.

Strange happenings: all my PDF's disappeared from my Macbook; iBooks and PDF's in my public and other folders in Dropbox.***^*^*** as on my travelblog.
Adobe doesn't seem to work and time- machine?
Well, well. i'll see about it in the evening as I have to be off to work in the Archives, on my bike.
Have to redo them all, I fear.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?