Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Question Are Some Characters a No-No in a BookTitle

I am a fairly new owner of a JetBook Lite. I have the upgrade V.015 firmware installed. The other night I tried to open a file I had transferred from my pc into an ebook folder on an SD card I am using for the Jetbook lite. The 1st time I have selected this ePub formatted book (no DRM) the jetbook gave an error message - file corrupted. So I backed out and tried to delete the book so I could retransfer it using Calibre. I couldn't Delete it! I removed the SD Card and tried via cardreader/windows. Windows said the file was deleted but when I tried to remove the damaged folder windows said couldn't delete because the folder had files. The deleted file(s) kept coming back! I finally had to backup the SD card all folders/files except the bad one and then reformatted the SD to get rid of the bad stuff.

The file/folder name had a title similar to this: Lite Reading Book (Vol. 1), J. J. Smith.epub Lite Reading Book (Vol. 1), J. J. Smith.jpg Lite Reading Book (Vol. 1), J. J. Smith.opg where I had downloaded info from metadata bases and Calibre had updated titles with the info.

Are their some characters, naming conventions that are no-no's with Linux? I have only worked with Windows or IBM OS's and not so much with Linux?

Does the JetBook require a particular way to name stuff. My HP Ipaq never did care what I named stuff but then it has Windows Mobile on it.

Thanks!

Karen
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I suspect the length may be your problem, I think its just longer than it can handle.

Try renaming the folder " Smith, JJ and I think your problems will go away.
I keep mine short, sweet, and then remove the authors name from the book title.
As I know what author it is by the folder.

I really probably should take a look at Calibre, but if it makes incredibly long complicated file names like that I really not interested.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Definitely look at Calibre, it is like the program was designed for the Jetbook. It puts all an authors work in a single folder so you do not need the authors name in the title.

I have 20 books by one author and they are all in a single folder with the authors name.

Calibre did that organization for me automatically
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Downloaded, installing now.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote