Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
bullet
Rookie Mucker
bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 7. Moto G, Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Linux PCs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
They have mobile device apps (iOS, Android, Win, Symbian, Blackberry, WebOS) available with LastPass Premium, which is $12US / year. On my tablet, I have the LastPass extension for Dolphin browser in addition to the regular LastPass app.

Changing passwords is pretty easy. It usually detects that you've changed your password and asks you to save the changes. If it doesn't detect it, it's easy to pull up that site info from the vault and make the changes.

It's not flawless, sometimes you have to manually tell it that you're on a login page depending on the site design, but with the browser extensions, it's available at all times so at the most you might have to click an extra time or two to fill in your info. I've been using it for at least a couple of years now, and have had premium for the last 5 months or so.

You can even set different security options for devices / sites. For ex, on my home desktop, I leave LastPass logged in, but I have some sites set to require the LastPass main password every time, like Paypal.
With the premium version you can also add "Multifactor authentication via USB Thumb Drives" for use on "untrusted" devices with Sesame. If you don't have the thumb drive, you cannot get in to Lastpass. Here's their video on it:

https://lastpass.com/support_screenc...eature=sesame1

Of course if someone gets your thumbdrive or a copy, they can get in if they know your Lastpass master password. Nothing is totally secure, but I think this is pretty close to "bullet proof".

This works on linux and windows. You just have to format the usb as ext2 (linux) and fat32 (windows) allowing each OS a readable, working executable storage location for Sesame.

I am not paid by Lastpass. Just a satisfied customer that uses it on all my devices. They are very proactive.

Last edited by bullet; 03-12-2013 at 03:01 PM.
bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #32
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
What happens on sites that require a second layer of security?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #33
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
What happens on sites that require a second layer of security?
With Google, when you sign up for two-factor security, you have to give them your cell phone number. When you want to use a Google service, after you enter the correct password, you receive a text with a six-digit code that's required to complete the login process.

If you are afraid you'll be out of cell range when you want to use Gmail, you can also get a "pad" of a few codes that can be used any time.

Last edited by curtw; 03-12-2013 at 08:06 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #34
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
When you want to use a Google service, after you enter the correct password, you receive a text with a six-digit code that's required to complete the login process.

If you are afraid you'll be out of cell range when you want to use Gmail, you can also get a "pad" of a few codes that can be used any time.
There are other ways as well. What I use is the Google Authenticator phone app, which generates a 6-digit code that you need to enter after your password. This is more convenient as you don't need network coverage (and SMS is unreliable), and is more secure than the printed set of password you can use as well.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #35
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
There are other ways as well. What I use is the Google Authenticator phone app, which generates a 6-digit code that you need to enter after your password. This is more convenient as you don't need network coverage (and SMS is unreliable), and is more secure than the printed set of password you can use as well.
Didn't know about that, is it limited to U.S.?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #36
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Me too, I dont know about the Google authenticator. Thanks for sharing!
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:27 AM   #37
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Quote:
No. I use a similar system from Google in Europe.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #38
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
No, I'm not in the US but Canada, and works without issues.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote