Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
sly_skittle
sly_skittle began at the beginning.

Device: none
Trouble opening file on kindle

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this problem.

I've formatted my file in calibre and saved it as a MOBI file. When I look at it in the kindle previewer it works fine, but when I try to open it it doesn't work.
I can click on the file and download it. And it says the download was successful but then I can't find it on my kindle.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
sly_skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Trouble opening file on kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_skittle View Post
I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this problem.

I've formatted my file in calibre and saved it as a MOBI file. When I look at it in the kindle previewer it works fine, but when I try to open it it doesn't work.
I can click on the file and download it. And it says the download was successful but then I can't find it on my kindle.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
1. What model of Kindle?
2. How is your Kindle attached to the Computer running Calibre?
3. What do you mean by 'download it'?

The Kindle needs to be attached via a USB cable, is it? Calibre needs to have recognised it and indicated so. 'Download' means transferred from another device to your computer (that's an incoming file, not outgoing). What one needs to do is after Calibre acknowledges that a Kindle is connected to the computer (via USB) and a couple of new icons have appeared on the toolbar is to the click on the book title you want transferred to the Kindle and then click on the newly appeared icon called 'Send to device' and be sure to 'Eject device' before unplugging the USB cable (after the job shows done).
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert