Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Unhappy My fellow PRS 700 owners...

... are you just as peeved as me that the kindle 2 just came out and has a bunch of cool goodies to pick from for accessories; but the PRS 700 came out ages ago and accessories are so few and far in between.

... just a little rant. Although I am not envious of the prices on the Oberon cases.

And although I love my reader... i do envy a few things on the kindle... e.g. the dictionary
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I think the case cover I got for my 505 fits the 700 if you're interested. It's purty
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think the case cover I got for my 505 fits the 700 if you're interested. It's purty
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o where did you get it?...
but I have heard that they don't fit the 700...
Old 03-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

I got it from etsy.

Can someone here let me know if the cover of the 700 is the same size as the 505?

It's a slipcover. Check 'em out here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...type=tag_title

*edit - someone did inform her that they do fit the 700, just not the lightwedge covers.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

OMG those are so cute!!! They should fit since they go on the cover and not the reader so it should not make a difference!

Thanks!!

p.s. The kindle 2 still has an over saturation of accessories. =)
Old 03-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
OMG those are so cute!!! They should fit since they go on the cover and not the reader so it should not make a difference!

Thanks!!

I agree On the oversaturation.

I like these slipcovers though because they make two pockets for stuff I'm tempted to buy another.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I wouldn't say I'm peeved, but I will say that I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't more options. That said, I do like the understated nature of the included cover.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:

First you're peeved and envious then you say it's over saturated.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
SHouldn't this thread be on the sony accessories forum not the kindle accessories forum? Just curious :-)
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Did I have a really good night and wake up in the wrong forum?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianfox View Post
I wouldn't say I'm peeved, but I will say that I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't more options. That said, I do like the understated nature of the included cover.
I also found the cover quite nice, and the fact that is didn't have to go hunt for one immediately.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
First you're peeved and envious then you say it's over saturated.
peeved at the market targeting kindle owners more; ( hence the oversaturations)
and envious of the kindle dictionary.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
peeved at the market targeting kindle owners more; ( hence the oversaturations)
and envious of the kindle dictionary.
Maybe you should be peeved at the under saturation of Sony accessories. How about contacting manufacturers and asking them about products for the Sony. I did my share of just that type of thing when I first got my Kindle 1.

Edit: Oh and let Sony know that you want a dictionary.

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
DAG
DAG began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
I have the Kindle and the 700 and the cover for the 700 works better. The Kindle cover is bulky and does not fold back well. The 700 has the cool magnets in the corner to hold it thight and fits the book better. But really what is the big deal unless you need wireless the 700 has all you should need and the toggle on the Kindle is sort of funky and the menu option works slow, you have to go to too many screens to reach the point you want to go to. But then this is just my opinion.
DAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG View Post
I have the Kindle and the 700 and the cover for the 700 works better. The Kindle cover is bulky and does not fold back well. The 700 has the cool magnets in the corner to hold it thight and fits the book better. But really what is the big deal unless you need wireless the 700 has all you should need and the toggle on the Kindle is sort of funky and the menu option works slow, you have to go to too many screens to reach the point you want to go to. But then this is just my opinion.

Which Kindle and which Kindle cover are you speaking of?