Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #46
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast
tBunnyMan began at the beginning.

Device: nook Simple GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennogreg View Post
Thanks! However, clicking the link shows a blank page. Maybe there's an option I'm not seeing?
Seems hastebin was a jerk/is having problems and deleted my post. Here is an alt
https://gist.github.com/tbunnyman/5481947

Last edited by tBunnyMan; 04-29-2013 at 10:35 AM.
tBunnyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #47
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Thanks for the great Pocket support!

EDIT- Nevermind- I read the README and figured out how to edit the script to my liking.

Last edited by madmaxmedia; 05-03-2013 at 02:08 AM.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #48
NoahTheDuke
Banned
NoahTheDuke began at the beginning.

Device: NoahTheDuke
I'm getting '401 Unauthorized' errors, and nothing is downloaded. I know I have the right username and password, and I've double-checked the code is right. Did Pocket get wise and shut down the Safari hack?

EDIT: Okay, I had the thought that maybe the punctuation in my password was messing with it, and it is. So, I changed my pass to be only alphanumeric, which made it work. I'm no programmer, though, so I can't suggest a way to fix this in the future, but I'd suggest looking into it.

Last edited by NoahTheDuke; 05-07-2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Found the problem and fixed it.
NoahTheDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #49
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahTheDuke View Post
I'm getting '401 Unauthorized' errors, and nothing is downloaded. I know I have the right username and password, and I've double-checked the code is right. Did Pocket get wise and shut down the Safari hack?
Was it working for you previously? I just set it up for the first time Thursday and it worked fine.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #50
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Ok -- this new recipe works with Calibre -- I once again get an e-book with my downloaded stories.

However, on my Sony PRS-T1, the format of the book is extremely odd. The header and footer take up about a third of the page, and what's left for the text is extremely small. (The footer has a "Table of Contents" button.)

It also no longer contains the source of the story -- what site it was downloaded from, etc.

Formatting is also gone, entirely. No heading style, etc.

I'm not sure what this new recipe did to the CSS (or is it stylesheets?) of the book, but is there some way to modify to make it look nicer? (Or simply as it used to be?)

Thanks in advance!
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #51
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmbrain View Post
I'm not sure what this new recipe did to the CSS (or is it stylesheets?) of the book, but is there some way to modify to make it look nicer? (Or simply as it used to be?)
The difference is we now access Pocket's new text view system. Try changing the following settings and see if it helps...
no_stylesheets = True
use_embedded_content = False
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #52
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tBunnyMan View Post
The difference is we now access Pocket's new text view system. Try changing the following settings and see if it helps...
no_stylesheets = True
use_embedded_content = False
Hmmm...had a look at the recipe, and those parameters were already set to what you suggested.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks so much for your efforts, by the way. Truly appreciated!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #53
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmbrain View Post
Hmmm...had a look at the recipe, and those parameters were already set to what you suggested.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks so much for your efforts, by the way. Truly appreciated!
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Try toggling them!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #54
Filmbrain
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Try toggling them!
Here are the results:

no_stylesheets =FALSE
use_embedded_content =TRUE

Solved the format issue, but content was reduced to only the first sentence of each story.

So I tried:
no_stylesheets =FALSE
use_embedded_content =FALSE

Solved the format issue (large header/footer), and all content visible. Stories just all flow together -- it doesn't bring in the title of each story (except in the TOC) and nowhere does it list the author or the site it came from.

Not the end of the world, but is there any way to bring headlines back and/or source?

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:03 AM   #55
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

New Update!
I really rushed 1.3 out to make the plugin work with pockets new site so there was bugs and it wasn't as pretty. I have gone through and addressed all the complaints and prettified the code a bit.

Here is the highlights
  • Default mark as read again
  • fix mark as read errors
  • fix tag filtering
  • Added h1 titles to articles

As always, you can get the Recipe here!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #56
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

Two days, two updates!

While I was in there I also decided to clean up the last of it and add images to posts with have them! With this all known feature requests and bugs are cleared! Let me know if you have any problems.

v1.4 here
Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #57
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur

Thanks for all the work on this! One question- is it possibly to download articles in between oldest and newest? (for example, start at article #100 and download next 100 articles?)

I have a pretty large Pocket library (too large, actually), so it would be nice to break it into chunks. Not a big deal at all, but would be nice to have.

Thanks!
Steve
Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #58
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
Thanks for all the work on this! One question- is it possibly to download articles in between oldest and newest? (for example, start at article #100 and download next 100 articles?)
Steve

So the jist of it is, instead of downloading every $NUMBER from the start (oldest) you want to grab $NUMBER from the end (latest)?
If that's all you want you can set
Code:
sort_method = 'newest'
and
Code:
max_articles_per_feed = 100

If there is a more arbitrary chunk of articles you want to grab it's possible but will take some custom code so I will need a specific example of what you want.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #59
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur

Hi tBunnyMan,

I meant like grabbing articles 150-250, so a block of articles but being able to specify where (not just starting from the oldest, or the newest.)

If this is hard to do, then no worries! But it might be good for those who want to conserve storage space, and break up their entire Pocket library into sections.

I guess right now you can split your library into 2 sections which is not bad, just run the script twice starting at either end, each time downloading half your library.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:01 AM   #60
Filmbrain
Connoisseur

Thank you so, so much BunnyMan! Everything looks great.

Quote:
Two days, two updates!

While I was in there I also decided to clean up the last of it and add images to posts with have them! With this all known feature requests and bugs are cleared! Let me know if you have any problems.

v1.4 here

Tags
calibre, read it later, recipe