Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
Haidon
Haidon is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
ePub files do not center a custom <hr /> tag!

Well, this is annoying. I've set up a custom <hr /> tag that is supposed to look like those fancy triple asterisms you see in real printed books. I've used the following css:

Code:
hr { display: block; height: 1.15em; background: #FFFFFF url(../img/hr.svg) no-repeat scroll center; border: none; margin: 1em auto; }
Everything works fine except for the centering! I've also tried 'text-align:center;', and you'll see that the background tag tells it to center as well as the margin tag! (I added 'display:block;' just to see if that did anything—no luck.) Does the ePub specification not include this? Is the software just broken? Or am I doing it wrong?
Haidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, this is a well-known bug in ADE. You have to centre your rule by setting a left margin equal to half the space left over by it. Eg, if your rule is 20% of the page width, set the left margin to 40% (half of the 80% not occupied by the rule).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
See this thread.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, epub