Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Different versions of same book

I have put some of my books into Calibre as fb2s. Several of them have mistakes in them (nothing to do with Calibre), so I corrected the original word documents and imported them as html, and made epubs from them. However Calibre now shows them as different books. How do I make Calibre show them as the same book?

Thanks.
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
When you add a book or drop one into Calibre, it sees is as a new book. It'll will ask you if you want to import a duplicate book, but it will add it. You can either delete the old entry, leaving the new one as the only version in Calibre, or you can bring it in by editing metadata. Next to the big box that says "Available Formats," there's an icon of a book with a plus on it. Click on that, navigate to your new html, and click open.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can add/change/delete the formats associated with a particular book entry in Calibre via the Edit Metadata dialog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Thanks - I didn't look enough
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote