Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
esjay
esjay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Can't Find Kindle Fire in Calibre

I'm really desperate here. I can't get Calibre to recognize my Kindle Fire. I've tried everything I can think of. I've upgraded to Windows Media 11, I've uploaded the latest Calibre 1.2. I tried a suggestion found here, to reboot both the computer and the Kindle and to wait a minute or two before opening Calibre. Nothing is working. My computer recognizes the Kindle but Calibre doesn't. I've checked to make sure I didn't ask Calibre to "ignore" the Kindle. Nope, that's not the problem. My OS is XP. Please, any suggestions????

esjay
esjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
You have done nothing wrong....Calibre will recognize a 1st Gen Fire in XP, but not a Fire HD. If you have a Fire HD and are using XP, you will need to utilize a wireless method for Calibre (like Calibre Companion).

Last edited by GoSharks; 09-08-2013 at 06:18 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
esjay
esjay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
GoSharks, thank you for your reply. I have Kindle Fire, not Fire HD. Don't know why in the world I can't get Calibre to recognize it. (

esjay
esjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@esjay-
Look here for information and follow chaley's link...may help you find the issue. Good luck!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote