Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Phila Free Library - Can't Log in Today???

Anyone else having a problem logging into Phila Free Lib today????
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've just signed in.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've just signed in.
Thanks. I tried again and got:
"We're sorry, but the specified library patron account information is not valid.
Details: (0) Your Library Card and PIN could not be validated at this time. Please visit or call your local branch of the Free Library for help in accessing this site
"

I may be creating my own problem. Both my wife and I share my card number on two different computers (different IP addresses, of course). WE've done this for many months. We've not have problems before, except one time when my wife could not gain access, then a day later it worked fine.

Right now neither of us can log on...??? Any ideas?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
glendalekid
Connoisseur
glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505
I just signed in fine. However, I have gotten that same error message several times in the last couple of weeks, and I'm not using a shared card. It did work fine the next day, though.
glendalekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalekid View Post
I just signed in fine. However, I have gotten that same error message several times in the last couple of weeks, and I'm not using a shared card. It did work fine the next day, though.
Well, still no log on. We'll have to wait mayby till tomorrow. It may take a system reset by the library and of course today is Turkey Day and I'm sure they are closed.
My wife has been on a very long waiting list for a new Nora Roberts book and her 3 day download time expires Friday evening, so she is on dying to get logged in ASAP before she looses it!!!
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I get an odd error message now and again and sometimes I just have to wait until later in the day.

However, I've also been locked out of my account twice for returning a book immediately - and my account was treated like a potential "pirate" (just downloading books one after the other to pirate). I'd realized I'd already read the book - once I read the first couple of pages - and returned it without thinking.

Now, I wait at least 2 days before returning a "book", even if it was just a 23-page short story...which is frustrating!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #7
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
In the past, the Philadelphia Library has always added new books on Tuesdays, but this week they didn't. Wonder why that was?
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Well, still no log on. We'll have to wait mayby till tomorrow. It may take a system reset by the library and of course today is Turkey Day and I'm sure they are closed.
My wife has been on a very long waiting list for a new Nora Roberts book and her 3 day download time expires Friday evening, so she is on dying to get logged in ASAP before she looses it!!!
Have you checked the expiration date on your card?

I was having trouble the other day, and kept getting the exact same error message you got. Suddenly a light bulb went off, and I looked at my card, and, sure enough, it had expired the day before.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
In the past, the Philadelphia Library has always added new books on Tuesdays, but this week they didn't. Wonder why that was?
I was wondering the same thing myself
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote