Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
STL Droid
STL Droid began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Questions

1. How would I return the PE to Factory default?
2. Has anyone had an issue with moving their Library to a microSD card under Ermine?
3. Has anyone been able to move apps to SD card under Ermine? If so did you use a 3rd paty software wnad what was it?
4. If you move an app like Aldiko under Ermine to the SD card, does it still store books in intternal memorey or on the SD cared?

The below applies only to LCD readers which I use a lot more than the eInk side owing to an eye condition:

My main issue is I have a LOT of books and I want to use them off of the SD card. But every reader I have found either has one of the following issues:

1. They can't read the SD card, only find books in main memory (coolreader, Aldiko)
2. They can find the books on an SD card but import it into main memory in order to read it and contuinue using it (FBreader)
3. None of the book readers can build a personal library using the books on the SD card without importing the books into main memory.

Thanks for anyone who can help.
STL Droid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
I moved my apps to the SD card in Ermine but I'm not sure what program I used. It seemed to work perfectly so I didn't think much about it.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I periodically weed out my main storage and Library, then add in the books I'm thinking of reading soon (from the Calibre library on my LAN or through my PC, but would be the same from an SD card). It's not as neat as being able to read right from the SD card, but it works!

Actually, I wouldn't want to read from the SD card, because I like the extra features available only when you add a book to the eDGe Library. And deleting is easy enough using the multi-select tool.

I see you got an answer to your "factory default" question over on the enTourage forum. (http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...actory-default for anyone who's curious.)
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote