Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 05:24 AM   #2611
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Thank you, It now works as intended on my son's 300.
Thanks for testing and reporting back!
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #2612
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Where can i see the strings of lang.ods? because this is the image i see.
The document has been restored to an earlier revision, it should be ok now.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #2613
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Now is ok, thanks Quisvir.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #2614
xMorfx
xMorfx began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650

Last edited by xMorfx; 09-17-2011 at 02:30 PM.
xMorfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #2615
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMorfx View Post
Is there any 'manual' way of installing newest PRS+?
(i have already 2.0.12 installed)...
Quote:
Form readme.txt
Subsequent updates could be installed by simply unpacking update.zip to internal memory and rebooting the reader.
If PRS+ is already on your Reader, just dl latest *.ZIP file, extraxt it to any folder, you should get setup.exe, readme.txt and update.zip
Extract update.zip and you get a folder named "PRSPInstaller"
Copy this folder (with all its sub-folders) to the IM (Internal Memory / the removeable Media called "READER" in Explorer)
Shutdown and restart your Reader.
PRS+ will update during startup.
You can check the new version on the About-Screen (Settings - About)

HTH
Mark

Last edited by Mark Nord; 09-17-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Corrected Information
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #2616
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

PRS+ 2.0.13v2beta for all models is out

=== 2.0.13v2 beta ===
  • 300/505: Fixed CoverPage as StandbyImage, fixed problem with next page after sleepmode
  • x50: Several fixes for BookManagement (quisvir)
  • ALL: BrowseFolder patched with Shura1oplots FileSize in Comment & added FileType
  • ALL: reverted russian localisation of "No Book, 1 Book, x Books"

Last edited by Mark Nord; 09-17-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: corrected 505
Old 09-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #2617
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast
oldhasbeen doesn't litteroldhasbeen doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I have PRS 950 and now 2.013 v2 beta installed. After installing the first version of 2.013 beta the reader will not work with inserted SD card. The reader will go into "loading" mode and stay in this state for a long time (>10 min.) where it probably scans. It will however not go into any ready menu but will (crash?) reboot and then again load then reboot - reload - endless loop.
Without SD card it will work but it takes over 2 minutes to change books, say from home or history menu when first the last read book is chosen (opens quick within seconds) but a very long time (>2min. to open any other book). Version 2 did not make a difference.
I have reinstalled system twice without noticing any difference..
Can anyone help?
oldhasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #2618
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhasbeen View Post
Without SD card it will work but it takes over 2 minutes to change books, say from home or history menu when first the last read book is chosen (opens quick within seconds) but a very long time (>2min. to open any other book). Version 2 did not make a difference.
I can't help you with the SD card since I don't use one. My 950 was just as responsive after 2.013beta(v1) as it was before I installed it. I am going to install 2.013beta(v2) shortly. If I were you I would do the following:

1. Backup my reader.
2. Format internal memory via the ereader's menu.
3. Reinstall PRS+
4. Send books back to the device.
5. Test

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:25 AM   #2619
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast

I have it now working. I have not done changes to settings or to the SD Card
What I did:
1. turn reader off (not standby)
2. remove SD Card
3. turn reader on
4. format internal memory
5. reinstall PRS+2.0.13v2
6. turn reader off
7. insert SD Card
8. turn reader on >boots>loads card ok.

It seems that some corruption or info resided in the internal memory and formatting it was essential.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #2620
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhasbeen View Post
It seems that some corruption or info resided in the internal memory and formatting it was essential.
It is good to see my advice worked.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:26 AM   #2621
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast

Where I am still having big problems is the time needed to have certain functions.
I have books organized in Main folders (say Science), sub folders (say Physics) and sub-sub folders (say electromagnetism). To open a book from a sub-sub folder takes 4 minutes. Returning to home is 30 seconds. Open a note is again around 4 minutes so it is practically unusable.
This long times apply also if I have no SD Card and folders in the internal memory.
With the standard Sony system it took also a long time (but not this long) to run certain things if I had the folder structure. Things were pretty snappy if books were stored without any folder. But having folders was for me one of the major drawcards in favor of PRS+.
Any help is most appreciated.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:34 AM   #2622
MuchoMojo
MuchoMojo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Hi,
I have a 350 with PRS+ 2.0.12 and I have decided to update to 2.0.13.
In the download page the v2 is much smaller than the other but the first 2.0.13 is "deprecated".
Do I have however to install before v1 and than v2?

Thank you
MuchoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #2623
mudskipper
Enthusiast
mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: pr 505
Hi,

I've been running PRS customised version of PRS+ v1.13, with Japanese font, successfully on my 505 for sometime now. I recently upgraded to PRS+ v2.0.13 so that I could read picture file manga by folder, losing the customisation along the way. I've tried to customise on top of v2 but cannot get past the image forming stage in crams due to memory limitations - I've deleted all books from internal memory. Is v2 significantly bigger than v1, and is that likely to be the problem? Has anybody else managed to use v2 with Japanese unicode files and what trick have they employed? Sorry if I've overlooked the answer elsewhere.

Tony
mudskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #2624
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
oldhasbeen:
What setting do you have the booklist option set to? Try setting it to default, and see if that helps the loading time of the home screen.

MuchoMojo:
If you have installed PRS+ before (and you have), you can ignore v1 and just install v2. Just unpack the files to the root of the reader's internal memory.

mudskipper:
v2 is exactly the same size as v1, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not familiar with the 505 customization process unfortunately, so I cannot help you there.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #2625
MuchoMojo
MuchoMojo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
MuchoMojo:
If you have installed PRS+ before (and you have), you can ignore v1 and just install v2. Just unpack the files to the root of the reader's internal memory.
Thank you!
MuchoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote