Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #31
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
jekhor has got a 505, but not yet had his hands on it.
Good luck to him! I'd switch firmware in a heartbeat.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 AM   #32
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Good luck to him! I'd switch firmware in a heartbeat.
AFAICT, OI will run just fine 505 in "live" version, running from SD or MemoryStick. As there are two card slots, we'll think is it feasible to do a "install" version.
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 AM   #33
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
AFAICT, OI will run just fine 505 in "live" version, running from SD or MemoryStick. As there are two card slots, we'll think is it feasible to do a "install" version.
Best news I've heard this month -- Any Idea when we can test the live version on the 505?

Last edited by JeffElkins; 11-02-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #34
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Best news I've heard this month -- Any Idea when we can test the live version on the 505?
Wow, me too. It's raining outside but it just got sunny. I just posted something about this too, count me in as a beta tester whenever you can get it out. I'd switch in a heartbeat too.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #35
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Fantastic! Tagging and filtering would take care of just about everything and be far more flexible. Wish I had programming skills. Definitely looking forward to future developments.
If tagging could read epub meta-data it would be awesome.
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 06:01 AM   #36
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
You can count me as an interested beta user also for the 505 if you could tell us how to get our hands on it.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #37
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
You can count me as an interested beta user also for the 505 if you could tell us how to get our hands on it.
Our answer is probably:
Quote:
jekhor has got a 505, but not yet had his hands on it.
..waiting for jekhor.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #38
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I thought when he said that OI should run in "Live" mode made it sound like it was already out for testing.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #39
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
I thought when he said that OI should run in "Live" mode made it sound like it was already out for testing.
I did d/l the live tarball and tried to run it via igorsk's script w/o success. I figured since it was arm-based code it was worth a shot.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #40
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I think he meant that there was no need to burn the flash. I suspect the Sony version can be run using the autorun feature that is supported for SD cards on the Sony. This has already been used to support puzzles and games as well as a dictionary. There is no reason it couldn't support FBReader or seemly most of an OS, or at least a shell access. The dictionary support already has T9 capability that could be used to do command line stuff.

Dale
Old 11-04-2008, 03:36 AM   #41
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is no reason it couldn't support FBReader or seemly most of an OS, or at least a shell access.
We are going to run single executable using "autorun" feature - kernel reloader. This will replace Sony kernel in memory with OI one and will kickstart OI boot process without any use of Sony software.

Using any Sony software will compromise the goal of the project: *free* (as a speech) Linux distribution.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #42
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
We are going to run single executable using "autorun" feature - kernel reloader. This will replace Sony kernel in memory with OI one and will kickstart OI boot process without any use of Sony software.

Using any Sony software will compromise the goal of the project: *free* (as a speech) Linux distribution.
Thanks for the confirmation. Sounds like a good way to go.

Dale
Old 11-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #43
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hanlin V3, Sony prs-505, Hanwang n516
The new version of madshelf with tagging and filtering is now packaged and ready. I've got it installed on my V3 and it's working like a charm
Old 11-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #44
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
The new version of madshelf with tagging and filtering is now packaged and ready. I've got it installed on my V3 and it's working like a charm
Cool, where to find it to try it out??
Old 11-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #45
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
http://openinkpot.org/pub/SLIND/pool....oi1_armel.deb
http://openinkpot.org/pub/SLIND/pool...1-15_armel.deb

Download both files and put them on the SD card. First open the libsqlite3-0_3.5.9-6.oi1_armel.deb in the bookshelf and then open madshelf_0.1-15_armel.deb. The installation progress is not visible, you should wait for some seconds and then the bookshelf should appear again.