Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
hmgreen
Enthusiast
hmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -600, -900, Kindle 2, Touch, PW1 (all gone), PW2, Voyage
Syncing Collections between iPad Kindle App and Voyage

I searched the forums and could not find a solution. I have a number of collections in the Kindle app on my iPad Air 2. I purchased a Voyage. After downloading all my ebooks from the Amazon cloud, I created a collection called "To be Read Next" on the Voyage. It synced perfectly with the Kindle app on the iPad Air 2. I can't get the other collections on the iPad Air 2 to sync to my Voyage.

With older Kindles there was an "Archived Items" menu option in settings, and one of the dropdown was "Sync Collections". That is apparently gone.

Other than manually recreating everything, is there a way to sync the Voyage to the collections in my Kindle app on the iPad?

Thanks!
hmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I suspect you will have to recreate them. If it synced one way, then everything that could be synced the other way, was.

There are people here who know more about the apps, who can confirm if collections get stuck like this.

Perhaps the iOS collections never got "upgraded" from local collections to cloud collections?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 03:22 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmgreen View Post
I searched the forums and could not find a solution. I have a number of collections in the Kindle app on my iPad Air 2. I purchased a Voyage. After downloading all my ebooks from the Amazon cloud, I created a collection called "To be Read Next" on the Voyage. It synced perfectly with the Kindle app on the iPad Air 2. I can't get the other collections on the iPad Air 2 to sync to my Voyage.

With older Kindles there was an "Archived Items" menu option in settings, and one of the dropdown was "Sync Collections". That is apparently gone.

Other than manually recreating everything, is there a way to sync the Voyage to the collections in my Kindle app on the iPad?

Thanks!
The Voyage and iPad Kindle app share the same set of collections, or 'cloud collections' as they are termed. These are associated with your Kindle library, not with a particular device.

I suspect you are not looking in the right place for the collections on your Voyage. By default the collections created on your iPad will not show up in all of the views on your Voyage. The ones you create on your Voyage will be 'starred' by default and show in all views. But if you go to 'Collections' view (the menu where you select All Items/Books/Periodicals/Docs/Collections), you should see all of them, and you can 'star' the ones you want to see in all views. Personally I don't like them in all views so none of mine are 'starred', and I just go to Collections when I want to look through them.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:04 AM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Do you have any books on your Voyage? Any collections on them? You should be seeing your collections in the Cloud on the Voyage and then you will be able to add them to the device from the Cloud. Though I will say on my PW2 I will not see collections synced to it until I have added a few books and created a collection or two. I usually create something fake just so the collections will show up. It is quite annoying that they will not show up in the cloud without any on the device but I assume this is because Amazon needs the local json file before they will show up.

But anyhow make sure you have a book or two and at least one collection on the Voyage then you should see the collections in the Cloud.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote