Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 12-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #61
kahm
kahm is on a distinguished road

Device: 505/Librie/Zaurus/iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
I found the problem; I introduced a bug at some point that caused the app to silently stop processing if the description element in a simple feed contained http:// links. Fixed in release 14.
Thanks! Have you released v14 yet? I can't find a link to it anywhere in the content forum now...

Quote:
BTW don't use the Wiki - use the Subscribe option in the File menu to add feeds.
I went to the wiki after importing didn't work. After the wiki I started experimenting - ended up spending a couple of hours messing around to try and find out what was up...

Looking forward to a working copy...
kahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #62
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
May as well remove them, thanks!
Will do!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #63
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Instead of a focus on grabbing the content from the pages, it could be interesting to use something like this: http://www.dappit.com
You can then generate the RSS with all the information you need and just create a PDF out of it.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #64
ThomWill
Enthusiast
ThomWill is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500 (Sony Reader)
Just took the time to really read this and get this working. This is a marvelous tool. If I had a suggestion it would be to disable the publish button or add a double-dare. I keep hitting it by mistake and it would seem (from the subscription list) that I am not alone.

Thanks GeekRaver !!!!

Am I missing it, or did the link to the app go away from this thread in the last couple of days?

Last edited by ThomWill; 12-01-2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Missed something
ThomWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #65
BettyE
Connoisseur
BettyE doesn't litterBettyE doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook / Sony PRS-500 / Kindle
I would love to try this, but is the file missing from the first message?

Betty
BettyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #66
noads
noads began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
How can I download rss2book to give it a try? I've been looking all over this thread and web site and couldn't find a download link... please help.
noads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #67
neilm2
Enthusiast
neilm2 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader
BettyE and Noads speak the truth... the rss2book installer is -- gulp -- missing! I'm sending Geekraver a note, now.

Last edited by neilm2; 12-03-2006 at 01:40 PM.
neilm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:54 AM   #68
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Oops - my bad for finishing up r14 in the wee hours and not checking what I was doing when I edited the initial post - it is back now.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:57 AM   #69
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charkins
geekraver:

You mentioned in another thread (Java rss2book in the developer's corner) about possibly releasing your C# code to serve as a basis for Java apps. While that would certainly be helpful, I think it would be possible to get your rss2book app to run under Linux using mono. I've tried already, but mono dies on some unimplemented features of Windows.Forms. It might be possible to rework aspects to avoid using Windows.Forms features that are not implemented in mono, or share the backend and write another front end using Gtk#. Never used .NET myself, but I'd definitely spend some time trying to get it working if the code was available!
When I have time to figure out how to give read-only access to my Subversion server I'll make the code available again.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #70
BettyE
Connoisseur
BettyE doesn't litterBettyE doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook / Sony PRS-500 / Kindle
Thanks, Geekraver!

Betty
BettyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #71
Fugubot
Connoisseur
Fugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watch

Device: Sony Reader
All files needed to install RSS2BOOK

Geekraver,

What an amazing program! Thanks.

A lot of members have been looking for the files necessary to install RSS2BOOK. There are links in this extended thread - some are not working and others don't seem to work (for example, I tried installing the program with HTMLDOC version 1.8.28 and RSS2BOOK did not seem to like it. Version 1.8.25 worked fine).

Any reason we can't aggregate all the necessary files and make them available from one consistent download site?

(If we have the appropriate permission, I have all the files zipped together and would be glad to upload it here or elsewhere)

After all the work that Geekraver has done, more people should have access to it. It makes the reader all that more powerful.
Fugubot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:47 AM   #72
geekraver
Addict

I'm using 1.8.27; I haven't tried 1.8.28. 1.8.25 is more stable that 1.8.27, IIRC - 1.8.27 often crashes when generating a TOC that is too large.

I'm not sure whether there are licensing issues with redistributing htmldoc; I assumed there were which is why I never bundled it.

<advertisement>
BTW I want to comment on my .sig - the Windows Live Search client for Windows Mobile is what I work on in my day job (fortunately assisted by another fantastic developer). Anyone who has a Windows Mobile phone should try it; it is great (and free). We have a cool J2ME version too for other phones (unfortunately not Blackberry yet, but that will come).
</advertisement>

Last edited by geekraver; 12-12-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:12 AM   #73
geekraver
Addict

I've just uploaded release 15. No real changes except that when you publish feeds a check will be done to see if the feed already exists. I encourage people to use this to help avoid the duplication of published feeds.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:31 PM   #74
vitualis
vitualis began at the beginning.

Device: ETEN M600, HP rx3715, Sony Reader
What a great project!

With regards to content, just as a lateral thought, would it be possible, e.g., to somehow connect to AvantGo? They have a plethora of good quality content that is already formatted for "small screen" devices...

Keep up the good work!
vitualis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:27 PM   #75
geekraver
Addict

I do plan to set up a bug report/feature request site soon, and also add automatic updating. Not sure how reliable the electricity supply is going to be in the next few days in the Seattle area with the mother of all storms moving in, but hopefully it will be done real soon.