Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
ADE doesn't recognize my Sony 600!

I have been using ADE for all epubs for my 505. I bought my wife a 600 for Christmas and want to copy some books to it. I cannot find anywhere in my account that allows the reader to be recognized. What am I not doing??
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Do you have the latest Sony Software installed? ADE uses a driver that comes with the Sony software, and if you don't have the latest one installed, it may not be able to talk to the 600.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just updated it the other day so it dhould be good. I can transfer books from my Sony library to the 600. Can you add epubs to the Sony library?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
I have been using ADE for all epubs for my 505. I bought my wife a 600 for Christmas and want to copy some books to it. I cannot find anywhere in my account that allows the reader to be recognized. What am I not doing??
You need to have ADE on the computer and authorized. Then with ADE running, plug in the 600 and you can then authorize it with ADE. It's what I did with my Mother's 600.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
benham
Guru

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. It works fine for my 505 and my Sony elibrary works fine for the 600 so it must be updated. I have not been able to determine which version of ADE I currently have but tried downloading the newest version from 2 different browsers and couldn't get it to download.

I was thinking of uninstalling the current version that is on the PC, try to download the updated version and then see if I can authorize the 600 but what I would prefer doing is adding the epub books directly to the Sony library. Is that possible?

Thanks!
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
benham
Guru

Here's the solution. Seems too simple.

I created a folder on my C Drive called EBooks and saved the epub book to that. Then I was able to connect the 600 to the elibrary and drag/dro to the reader directly from the C Drive in the Sony directory.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
You've associated your 600 with your Sony account, haven't you? Sign into the Sony store & somewhere under "account options", there's "manage devices", IIRC.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
benham
Guru

Rigt. I did that. Transferring from Sony wasn't the problem. I wanted to transfer from ADE. Failing that I needed to know how to get epubs onto the Sony library, which I did figure out. Thaks for the response!