Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
congratulations ! enjoy it. i agree, the ergonomics are really good on the opus.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #32
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I wanted to get the new sony touch screen because ergonomics are a big part of a decision for me but I will have to see what they look like in person and if I can stand the glare. Not that I need 2 readers! But Christmas is just around the corner...
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 AM   #33
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
The choice there depands on the use you have of the reader. The sony is the way to go if you want to take note, should also be better at pdf reading. The opus will be lighter and smaller if you carry it in your bag every day
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #34
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Hi,

I had a look at the touchscreen in a live demo on the web. I don't know if it's only me, but the text on the touchscreen was not as defined as on the PRS-505 screen, it was kind of milky if you understand what I mean.

This might be ok when reading for an hour or so, but I could not stand it on a regular basis. The screen of the PRS-505, that is something different.

The Opus is really good, I love it, but to be fair I have to say I ordered a Sony PRS-505 2 days ago. It has nothing to do with the quality of the opus, I will keep it and use it on the go, but for my reading in bed I'd like a 6" too. And my husband is very interested, and will probably claim one of them for his personal use.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:46 AM   #35
Groucho
Groucho began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
A friend of mine ordered the Opus weeks ago at bol.de. He didn't get it until now, because bol.de didn't receive their stock either.
I received an email from BOL.DE (where I ordered too) saying that they should receive stock in 1-2 weeks... so it looks like I have to keep the fingers crossed, I guess!
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 02:44 AM   #36
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

I dropped my Opus on the floor in my bathroom yesterday . It fell on the power button (what were the chances, considering it was in its leather case ??!!!)

The power button was not working anymore, so my DH and I bravely decided to open it and have a look. The electronic piece that starts it, and is normally soldered to the board, is loose, so 9 times out of ten I cannot start or stop it. It needs to be soldered properly. We are leaving back to Germany on Sunday, where we have a solder iron. DH is an electronic engineer, but on Monday he will go to his good friend who has more experience with small electronics and both of them will try to fix the Opus. So until Monday I have to leave it on (mind you, everything else works and I can use it) and hope I will not open a book that freezes it, since of course now the reset function would not work.

I was of course thinking about sending it to Bookeen to get it fixed, but considering the turmoil they seem to be in right now, and seeing that it could be fixed at home, I'll give it a try.

I am so annoyed at my own stupidity
Old 08-29-2009, 03:58 AM   #37
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
ergonomics?

It looks like I am going to be replacing my cool-er with a different device.

I am curious, I love my eb1150 and love the page turning buttons on the side of the device.

Anyone have a Opus that has a eb1150 and if so how does it compare for the ergonomics of the eb1150?

Thanks!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:01 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't have an EB1150, but ergonomically the Opus is excellent. Because of the large page-turn buttons along the side and the very light weight (150g), it can comfortably be used one-handed, in either hand.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #39
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
It looks like I am going to be replacing my cool-er with a different device.

I am curious, I love my eb1150 and love the page turning buttons on the side of the device.

Anyone have a Opus that has a eb1150 and if so how does it compare for the ergonomics of the eb1150?

Thanks!

Amy
Why are you replacing your Cool-er? What are you looking for that it doesn't have? This will help educate me on the strengths/weaknesses of Cool-er.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #40
morglbltrio
Member Retired
morglbltrio began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi

I just posted my review of the Opus: http://www.ragnrale.com/2009/08/revi...e-cybook-opus/
morglbltrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #41
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Why are you replacing your Cool-er? What are you looking for that it doesn't have? This will help educate me on the strengths/weaknesses of Cool-er.
I broke my Cool-er... again. Info on it in the thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50920

Its a firmware issue, I think, and I am guessing that it will continue to occur until a new version of firmware is released. I really like my Cool-er, don't like the problem.

So I am debating a Opus or a Sony 600 if I end up having to replace it.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 AM   #42
aceflor
Wizard

Get the Opus. It is a great reader, I love it. Bookeen has been very nice and helpful with my problem, I'll get my new one hopefully tomorrow.

My Opus never froze, the ergonomy is the best I have seen so far, and it is very userfriendly.

The only thing that I realize now (after I broke mine, of course), is that due to the fact that it is made of plastic, it is fragile. So it needs to be handled with care, but apart from that it is great. I really miss mine A LOT!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #43
kazuma6666
Enthusiast
kazuma6666 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook OPUS, Kindle paperwhite
I ordered an opus friday afternoon, and I received it today at noon. I'm quite satisfied with the speed of delivery

I will give more info about how I like the OPUS later. Thanks for the information I got here!
kazuma6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #44
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I dropped my Opus on the floor in my bathroom yesterday . It fell on the power button (what were the chances, considering it was in its leather case ??!!!)

The power button was not working anymore, so my DH and I bravely decided to open it and have a look. The electronic piece that starts it, and is normally soldered to the board, is loose, so 9 times out of ten I cannot start or stop it. It needs to be soldered properly. We are leaving back to Germany on Sunday, where we have a solder iron. DH is an electronic engineer, but on Monday he will go to his good friend who has more experience with small electronics and both of them will try to fix the Opus. So until Monday I have to leave it on (mind you, everything else works and I can use it) and hope I will not open a book that freezes it, since of course now the reset function would not work.

I was of course thinking about sending it to Bookeen to get it fixed, but considering the turmoil they seem to be in right now, and seeing that it could be fixed at home, I'll give it a try.

I am so annoyed at my own stupidity
By opening it, and now by soldering stuff you just lose the waranty
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #45
aceflor
Wizard

I know. But in my case, sincerely, which warranty ? Anyway, it was way too broken said our friend, so no soldering expedition. As I said, the new Opus is here now and I'll be super duper careful with it.