Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Nook - Desperate for customers?

I live in the Uk. I have a .co.uk email address. Tonight I get a “Thanks for Choosing NOOK” email for registering my new device

Considering they dumped UK customers a few years ago I very much doubt i’ve managed to register a new Nook any time recently

I did have a Nook registered before they closed the UK store, I can only assume some bright sprak in IT has reactivated some old accounts.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I also got that same email, though I'm in the States. I haven't purchased a new device in ... oh, years, now, though I did install the Nook app on my phone a couple of months ago. I thought it might be related to that (or someone ordered one for me for Christmas, but the email was sent to a non-personal address no one would think to use).
tiltowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
superblockio
superblockio began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
I also got this email today. Glad it's not just me. Maybe just a glitch in their system.
superblockio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
vespoid
First Mate
vespoid began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3, Keyboard (retired)
Really funny. I couldn't find a way to see what devices we're active on my account, but there wasn't any other activity.
vespoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I live in the Uk. I have a .co.uk email address. Tonight I get a “Thanks for Choosing NOOK” email for registering my new device

Considering they dumped UK customers a few years ago I very much doubt i’ve managed to register a new Nook any time recently

I did have a Nook registered before they closed the UK store, I can only assume some bright sprak in IT has reactivated some old accounts.
I got a giggle from the 3 emails I received, but my story isn't as funny as yours:
https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/...ing-free-nook/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 07:06 PM   #6
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kobo Aura One
And there it is. The sent out a followup email apologizing for the error.
tiltowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yep. I just got both emails within hours of each other. I was a little nervous about the first email. I thought someone had hijacked my gmail account. So it was a relief to get the follow-up email stating the first was a glitch.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #8
rmnelson
rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD
I registered a new GL3 a week ago and got the email today. I thought it was a little slow but OK. Then an hour later I got the apology note and now I wonder if mine actually got registered.
rmnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I got the email also – but then I did actually register a "new" NST at Barnes & Noble (one I got on Shop Goodwill, testing it). I got the apology letter anyhow? Oh well, no biggie.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnelson View Post
I registered a new GL3 a week ago and got the email today. I thought it was a little slow but OK. Then an hour later I got the apology note and now I wonder if mine actually got registered.
You can check it online. My "new" NST shows up in my account.

EDIT: I just got thinking ... did the letter mean registering the device (for warranty purposes) not registering it for your account? I may have missed the whole point. Sorry.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:44 AM   #11
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
I never got the first email... But I did get the apology email.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #12
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I got the email, and I'd actually been in B&N buying Christmas books earlier that day, so I was worried in case I'd bought a Glowlight and forgotten about it.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #13
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Last week, Amazon twice in the same day sent a notification to my phone/tablet telling me that I had a $5.00 Kindle book credit no strings attached. But when I clicked the notification, it opened the Kindle app and I got a message saying that I didn't qualify for the offer.

It happened in the morning on my tablet, then a few hours later on my phone. When it showed up on my phone, I got smart, took a screenshot and then called Amazon to complain.

Sending a mass email in error seems more forgivable to me than targeting me specifically, twice in a single day. B&N doesn't look so bad.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #14
GeorgeYellow
Enthusiast
GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook, Kindle
It should be mentioned here that B&N does not do email verification. So it's easy to have accounts associated with emails that can't be closed.

At least someone moved their SQL servers behind the firewall.
GeorgeYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #15
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

it was an error and B&N retracted it. They sent emails to everyone. artcle is on goodereader.com
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote