Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-07-2017, 01:03 AM   #1
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Inkbook prime

I just bought the inkbook prime and am looking for a good cover or case for it. I would appreciate suggestions on where to look.
thank you in advance.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
uprautio
uprautio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, Inkbook Prime
The PW slip case [http://www.ebay.com/itm/272291338175...3AMEBIDX%3AIT] it's a little too long, so trim some off the open end.
uprautio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
I just bought the inkbook prime and am looking for a good cover or case for it. I would appreciate suggestions on where to look.
thank you in advance.
tponzo, we will let you know when a dedicated case is on sale!
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
I haven't received mine yet, but like you, I've been searching for options. Here are a few I'm trying to decide between various cases. Usually I buy a case rather than a sleeve, but I wonder if a sleeve would protect it better when not in use since it wouldn't let sand or dust onto the screen. I typically buy from Amazon or Aliexpress. Amazon is sometimes cheaper and a lot quicker with prime, but they don't have everything! And sometimes the item is exactly the same as the aliexpress one, but costs twice as much.

Good luck! I seem to remember big lots used to have some cheap ereader cases, I might give them a shot before ordering from online.

Here's some I've favorited.

WY 6 inch Sleeve Case for Kindle Paperwhite 6-Inch 7th/8th 2014 2016 Voyage e-reader Pouch for All-New Kindle Oasis E-Reader(Blue)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3SZLDJ0V72DC3
No reviews, but I like the look of the color and how it zips up.

For Icarus Illumina E654BK 2016 Case PU Leather Cover 6" eReader Pouch Sleeve Protective free shipping with tracking
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...308.0.0.Qhxy0v
I like the black one with gold decorations on it and it has elastic at the corners.

2016 all new kindle 8th generation cover case new ereader kindle touch screen 6'' cover case
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...308.0.0.Qhxy0v
OMG Flamingos!!!! Although its for the all new kindle rather than the prime. It looks like the biggest difference is that the prime is thinner. Not expensive, so I might buy it just to test it out.

Slim Brief Case For Kindle 499/558/paperwhite/voyage Cover Bag For Kindle Paperwhite Protetive PU Leather 6 Inch Sleeves Shell
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Slim...308.0.0.Qhxy0v
This one isn't enclosed, but I love the colors and its cheap.

Shockproof Portable Carry Bag e-Book Sleeve Pouch For Amazon Kindle Paperwhite/Kindle Voyage/New Kindle 6 inch Cases Protective
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Shoc...308.0.0.Qhxy0v
This is a nice looking zippered case. Not fond of the fabrics though....

wholesal universal tablet case 5 6 7 8 8.4 inch android&kindle ebook Cover sleeve pouch bag for Teclast Pipo Lenovo Cube chuwi
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Leat...308.0.0.Qhxy0v
There's something about the area under the envelope flap that I love on this one!
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:54 AM   #5
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
hi,
i want to add addtional fonts into the system,
for example , Russian and Chinese fonts.
But i don't know how to root,and change the system fonts.

Or in English language interface, May the inkbook prime read the Russian and Chinese books?

thanks
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I bought an Inkbook Prime through Amazon. Tried to get it started yesterday. During the Android update, it froze and gave me the dead Android symbol.

I tried to restart it (held the "start" button down until the loading screen came up)... it was stuck on the loading screen overnight. (I had it plugged into a charger.)

I plan to send it back to Amazon for a refund today. I'll try again, but only once.

If there's a way to do a hard reset, I could probably avoid sending it back.

The documentation in English is extremely basic, and doesn't actually cover how the device functions. There are no instructions for setting the language, and the initial screen when it's first turned on is in Polish.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
elencius
elencius began at the beginning.

Device: Inkbook Prime
Quote:
thank you in advance.
HI, I got a Kindle 8th generation fitted shell case from Amazon and hacked it for access to the physical buttons. The one I got is the "Famavala Case for Kindle (8th Generation)" because it was only $7.95. Not too much to waste if I had wrecked it I removed the side edge for the buttons on the left and left the magnet closure tab in place on the right, except that I "hollowed" the tab out from the inside (to free up the buttons) and removed the shell on either side of it. The right side buttons are harder to access with the tab in place, but I'm a lefty. If you're not concerned about the magnetic feature, you could just take the tab out to match the other side. Oh, and of course I drilled a hole in the back for power button access. The curved bottom edge of the Prime leaves a gap in the shell on either side, but the reader stays snugly in place. Overall, it looks good and I'm not very coordinated with a dremel tool. If you're handy with one you could probably make it look even better.
elencius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:42 AM   #8
adamkpl
adamkpl began at the beginning.

Device: inkBOOK Prime
Quote:
thank you in advance.
inkBOOK is going to sell the dedicated cover soon:
adamkpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #9
FunnyNut
FunnyNut began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Inkbook, kindle
Quote:
thank you in advance.
I bought a kobo glo e-book case, since I couldn't find an inkbook cover at the time.
https://www.amazon.com/HUASIRU-Leath...=Kobo+glo+case

Then ask my dad how to cut a hole on back, upper right corner. He drilled small holes around the corner in a square shape. He punched it out, then filed corners down smooth. Works great. Magnetic sleep feature doesn't work, but I can now switch off and on via the back, without removing the e-reader to turn on & off.
FunnyNut is offline   Reply With Quote